Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMGLOLetcetc
Feb 13, 2008
Victim Of The '08 Account Hijackings :(
My girlfriend got sued by some gym after they sold her debt to a collection agency. She went to the court date and the lawyer said "Wow...no one ever shows up to these things." After she heard that she told him that for her $500+ in debt, she would pay it all off right then and there for about $200. The lawyer said "Yeah, sure!". Guess he was just happy to get something.

I plan of keeping up with this thread as much as I can. I have tons of student loans well past due as well as over drafted bank accounts. I honestly want to pay all of it back, I'm just underpaid....so it just doesn't work out.
I hope during income tax time I can take my whole check and haggle with some of the folks I owe money too. I already have my credit report printed with everyone I owe money to. My action plan is to just call them, offer the least I can, and hope they take it. If they don't, they are at the bottom of the totem pole and I move on to the next.

Thanks for all the info!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU