Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
I think that you have excellent grounds to fight this, seeing as you weren't properly served. The other side not only failed at that, but also sued you for an amount that bears no reasonable relationship to your original debt. Wait for CubsWoo or another expert before you do anything, but I think you can get the judgment vacated at the very least. Hell, I'd be surprised if the debt collection agency you're dealing with hasn't left itself open to a lawsuit with these kind of tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Too bad trying to collect on any of that is illegal, and anyone who calls you on it has you on the hook for a grand. You could conceivably still make money if the percentage of suckers is high enough, but at that stage, why not go in for the full amount owed instead of demanding a piddly 50 bucks while using a term your victims might think to look up and thereby find out that they don't actually owe you anything?

I mean, if you *wanted* to be a scumbag and make money on those.