Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

What about Business Cards? Apparently I may be on the hook for CC cards that were issued to me from a business I was involved in. It's total bullshit and has hosed me hard. Personally my stuff is perfect and in order save for some student loans. In other words, five cards want ME to pay the entire debt of a small Corporation that went out of business 4 years ago. This fight has been going on for ages.
I would demand validation and they would sell it off to somebody else.

I was sued in July by a card that I have no record of, either on that stupid credit report or anywhere else. My lawyers (consumer lawyer, btw) demanded discovery and apparently the Agency got an extension into January.

Honestly I will say this: the whole experience has made me hate the credit industry like nothing else. Scum and slime are good words to describe the poo poo I have gone through. Never even made money of the loving business all this was attached too. The guy who owned it is seemingly off the hook and he's the one who lived off the cards.

The worst part is that I followed the rules like many of you are talking about but they always got out from replying to my demands. To be honest, I am pretty pissed and stressed over the whole thing; have been for years. I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get anything done, my insurance raised my rates through the roof (I canceled and got a better deal anyway, but still) all because I was issued credit cards as an employee.

The whole system is so hosed. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I would very much like to hear you opinion on the Business CC angle though, as I am still in the process of dealing with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Burning Beard posted:

What about Business Cards? Apparently I may be on the hook for CC cards that were issued to me from a business I was involved in. It's total bullshit and has hosed me hard. Personally my stuff is perfect and in order save for some student loans. In other words, five cards want ME to pay the entire debt of a small Corporation that went out of business 4 years ago. This fight has been going on for ages.
I would demand validation and they would sell it off to somebody else.

I was sued in July by a card that I have no record of, either on that stupid credit report or anywhere else. My lawyers (consumer lawyer, btw) demanded discovery and apparently the Agency got an extension into January.

Honestly I will say this: the whole experience has made me hate the credit industry like nothing else. Scum and slime are good words to describe the poo poo I have gone through. Never even made money of the loving business all this was attached too. The guy who owned it is seemingly off the hook and he's the one who lived off the cards.

The worst part is that I followed the rules like many of you are talking about but they always got out from replying to my demands. To be honest, I am pretty pissed and stressed over the whole thing; have been for years. I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get anything done, my insurance raised my rates through the roof (I canceled and got a better deal anyway, but still) all because I was issued credit cards as an employee.

The whole system is so hosed. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I would very much like to hear you opinion on the Business CC angle though, as I am still in the process of dealing with it.

I thought I would give a small update on my case. My lawyer basically told me to file Bankruptcy because apparently if my name is on any of the business CC invoices, supposedly I'm hosed.

I'm not too happy about this. Basically it will be a Chapter 7 no assets and once that is hopefully through then the violations can start a rackin' up. The worst part is that I have absolutely nothing beyond 6 figures of Business CC debt they are trying to pin on me. The only other outstanding debt is my student loans... and we know about that.
I am hoping that because of the circumstances I would be too hosed when it comes to house/car loan as well as co-signers. It will clear everything off at least and protect me from these cocksuckers but still... I don't even get anything cool like a huge LCD Tv I couldn't afford out of it. The other two guys that were involved? Well, apparently one filed already and the other is off the grid, more or less. I only used those motherfucking cards for the business, the other guy took vacations on them.
Pisses me off and depresses me at the same time.

Lesson: The Big Banks will do whatever the gently caress they want, regardless of whatever you have. Bend over and take it.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

lokigoesrawr posted:

Can CubsWoo or someone knowledgeable should chime in on the subject? I'm also curious on what the dynamics are of a collection agency handling your debt while the original creditor (OC) still owns it.

That said, from what I've been reading, PFDs with credit card OCs seem extremely rare. My understanding is you are left with a "charged off" tradeline with the OC, and you should negotiate a settlement in writing for a PFD (instead of "settled") on the additional tradeline if the account is bought by a collector.

Is there a way to have the OC TL deleted or changed to "settled" when you settle with a CA after your account has been sold off?

The tradeline will remain if you pay it off to the OC, basically you'll still be hosed because the TL will remain. At this point start thinking strategically, because you can go for a PFD with a CA, if they can even get the paperwork that says you owe it.