Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factory Ten
Feb 8, 2010
'DON"T WORRY BRO, I'LL BE YOUR CREEPY INTERNET DETECTIVE WHITE KNIGHT WHEN YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!! CALL 1800 WHITE DICK AND I'LL TRACK DOWN OLD PHOTOS OF PEOPLE WHO WERE MEAN TO YOU TODAY!!!!
I have a bill on my credit report for $74. Apparently its an old bill with Sprint that never got paid. Its now in the hands of some debt collections agency. While $74 isn't that much and I could offer to do a pay-for-delete, is there anything else I can try to get it removed from the credit report that'll save me some cash? Would my first step be to contact the credit agencies and dispute the validity of said item? Or would you suggest something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Ten
Feb 8, 2010
'DON"T WORRY BRO, I'LL BE YOUR CREEPY INTERNET DETECTIVE WHITE KNIGHT WHEN YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!! CALL 1800 WHITE DICK AND I'LL TRACK DOWN OLD PHOTOS OF PEOPLE WHO WERE MEAN TO YOU TODAY!!!!

CubsWoo posted:

As said above, try both. In the end, though, an old cell phone debt that's under $100 isn't going to dent your credit that much so you might just want to let it go.

My credit rating is about 10-15 points below what I need for a Sallie Mae loan. I kinda need every bump up I can get. :)