Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Having good credit and generally being a Scrooge when it comes right down to it, I'm always a little disappointed when these threads come around because it sounds so easy to make money off these debt collectors. I'm pretty sure there's another guy on the forums who similarly decided to start fighting off debt collectors and realized that they are completely retarded and make themselves open for all sorts of misconduct lawsuits if you know what to pay attention to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

CubsWoo posted:

You can also insert the 'well if the collectors weren't scumbags they'd have nothing to worry about' line here but I don't really see it that way.

How do you see it then? You seem strangely sympathetic with the collectors for someone who seems to have been quite successful at fighting them in court after being hounded by them for years. I suppose I can understand that sentiment in regards to the individual workers (who are just doing their jobs in order to avoid going into debt themselves), but do you feel similarly towards the organizations and industry as a whole?

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Thanks for the awesome response. That was a really interesting read. What are some of the good resources you've found that have helped you deal with debt collectors? What are some of the most common mistakes made by debtors, creditors and collectors? If you could do it all again, what would you change (other than simply getting into debt in the first place?) What changes would you like to see made to the system as a whole?