Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cycl0ne
Jun 16, 2002

I like pie

Wet Fifty posted:

Edit: looks like the SoL is 6 years on a written agreement. Unless my math is wrong, this is 2010 so the SoL has expired right?

Credit card would be open SOL, not written SOL. Something like a auto loan would be written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cycl0ne
Jun 16, 2002

I like pie

arsonic posted:

According to that expertlaw page, the neighbor who owes the debt could sue, or at the least report them to their State Atty. General or the FTC. Which were it me, I'd totally do.

They can not discuss the debt, or that they are calling about a debt, to a third party without permission. Meaning if they say anything about why they are calling, it's a violation.

They can contact third parties to try to get a hold of the actual person who owes the debt. So if the collector didn't say anything more than like: "Hey I'm having trouble getting hold of you neighbor, would you be able to give them a message to give me a call." the collector didn't do anything illegal.