Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ville2ville
Dec 13, 2002

:allears:

So Dreamy
Incredible info so far. voted 5.

I have a couple questions.

How do you know how long something has been on your report? For instance, if I have a 800 cell phone bill that was charged to my report 5 years ago, should I just wait out the 7 years? Or try to pay for delete? How do I know how to contact these people? I have a couple things dragging down my score all in the 500-1500 dollar range and all from at least 3 years ago, what would you suggest I do to help get my credit score back to normal?

I know you can get a free credit report something like once a year, and i've done that recently although I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking at on each of the three branches. Is there a number to the agency that currently owns my papers? Is there anyway to know how far down the line it is? Like whether its a 'junk' CA or the original?

If you are never 'served' in person is it possible to still be sued and auto settled against for no show if you never knew it happened? Or can the court date not be set until it is confirmed you have been notified.

Any help would be appreciated, especially general advice based on my situation. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ville2ville
Dec 13, 2002

:allears:

So Dreamy
Wow, thanks for the info. Since i've read this thread i've got my 3 annual reports from the bureaus (well I haven't got my Trans yet because they locked me out after I didn't answer a question right). Do you think you could take a look at them and let me know what you see, if anything? Maybe this is something you aren't supposed to do and that's fine. Or if it's asking for something that is normally charged good money for, that's fine too. But let me know.