Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Referred here by the legal help thread.

I ran two red lights in Tampa last year, one of them over a year ago, the other last April. I'm just learning about it today, because a collections law firm finally found my parents address to send them a notice for the first one. The second one hasn't gone to collections yet but I assume it will soon.The clerk of courts had been (I assume) sending notices to the address they have on file, which is an apartment I moved out of a year and a half ago. I found out about the second violation by looking up the first on the clerk of courts website. I'd have paid them months ago, but again, I didn't know about any of it because they sent the notices to an old address. All told, I owe almost $700: $400 for the first one (including collections fee), $300 (so far) for the second.

Here's the kicker - I moved out of state a few months ago to Seattle. I have a WA driver's license now, which is good because my FL one would be suspended if I didn't.

The small amount of advice I've gotten so far has been to get a traffic lawyer in FL. What else? Should I try to deal with the collections agency? What about the second citation that hasn't gone to collections yet? I'm tempted to pay it asap before it goes to collections. I don't want to pay any of this poo poo obviously, but I'm definitely erring on the side of "make it go away".

Ramrod Hotshot fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU