Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stewdiny
Mar 16, 2004
One of my closest friends who is American and his wife who is from one of the Slavic countries in the European Union were hit hard by the recession. Both are college educated, lost their jobs, could not find work, and were struggling hard. Well about five months back they said they lost all faith in the US and its government and were leaving to go live in her country at a small home her parents gave them. They sold off all their assets, cashed in their stocks, IRA’s, and savings.

What caught me off guard was he told me they had around $15,000 line of unused credit on various credit cards. They used those credit cards to buy their tickets to her country, new cloths, laptops, various other items they would need, and shipped them over even using the credit cards to pay for shipping. They made about four months worth of payments and then just left the country.

He also left about $30-40k worth of student loans behind and said he never has any intention of paying off those credit cards or student loans and doesn’t plan on letting any of the credit/student loan agencies knowing were he is. Last I heard from him he said there is nothing they can do to him since he is over seas and never plans to return to the US.

Is this true? Sounds like possible fraud to me.

stewdiny fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU