Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

CubsWoo posted:

Send them a cease communications/cease and desist letter. Google that to find templates and send it off Certified Mail with a return receipt, so you know they got it. If the contact you after you get the little green card back, log every time they call and once they've called 5-10 times, let them know they've violated the FDCPA and you're intending to sue... but you might just let them go if they cut you a check for $1000!

I constantly get calls on my cell for someone else who apparently owes various companies money and likes to put down my phone number. I've called back, told them to stop calling, done everything I could.

Are you suggesting I could sue them and collect money? I'm so frustrated by this poo poo that I'll do anything to stop it.

It comes and goes in bursts, right now it's about a call a week but sometimes they'll call every day (when a new company gets my number).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

ClearWhiteLight posted:

I just lost my job. It wasn't much, but now I'm finding myself busking tarot cards on the street

what

are you being serious here

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
I've started getting calls again, on my cell phone, from blocked numbers or weird phone numbers. A couple times a day usually.

They're trying to collect on a debt, but they have the wrong name. It's very frustrating because it's a couple places and I can tell each not to call, but I usually have to go up to someone's manager or leave a voicemail before it sticks. And repeat that process for each debt collector.

It's super annoying, especially since my sister is in Germany and uses some weird service to call cellphones in the US, so her caller ID is blocked. That means I tend to answer whenever the caller ID shows up as "blocked" because it might be her.

Is there some way I can correct this permanently? I also get calls periodically that this stupid person's prescription drugs are ready for pickup, so they're clearly either giving out my phone number or just generally retarded.

what is this fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 8, 2010