Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cryte Lynn
Jul 25, 2005
Now serving pwncakes at the Roflhouse

When I entered college at 18, I took out student loans (around $2,500/semester). After a year and a half, I dropped out and applied for a Citi credit card, which I maxed out at my cap of $5,000. I made regular payments for a short while, I don't remember how long, but unemployment and lovely life situations hit me & I was unable to keep paying. I've not improved my situation much since then but right now I owe two ~$2,500 student loans and one ~$6,000 credit card debt.

I've received few calls and bits of mail from them for the past few years, but have ignored them mostly because I told myself "I'll be able to start affording monthly payments soon, then I'll talk to them." Now I'm 25 and have recently received a letter stating they're going to garnish my wages (which would be difficult considering I'm unemployed). What would be the best course of action in my situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU