Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basketofpancakes
Sep 26, 2005
Hey, I guess I should ask you for advice.

I have 4 credit cards and half of a defaulted car on my name. About 2 years ago me and my then wife were going to declare bankruptcy, but apparently she read in some book that it was better to just not pay if you were dirt poor like us because we didn't make enough to have our checks garnished.

So it's been....2 years now, and I've just been adding these numbers to my phone and putting them on silent, completely ignoring them. I don't receive any mail since I moved a year ago relating to my debt. Nowadays I get one automated call a day, if that. It's more like every other day now, and I just ignore it, and I get an automated message on my phone that I just delete. I've never gotten any summons to court or anything.

So I guess my question is....do I have anything to worry about? I currently make about 15k a year...in a year I will be making almost twice that, so I guess I'm concerned they are finally going to be able to convince a judge to take some of my money. But I've never heard anything about a court summons.

I know my credit is hosed, not sure how much, and I'm not sure what I can do about it. What should I be doing to rebuild my credit?

Basically this was my debt:

1 card: $200
1 card: $500
1 card: $800
1 card: $1500

defaulted car: not sure, but probably $5000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU