Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
I bookmarked this thread for the future if another collection agency tried their lovely law breaking tactics on my student loans so I would know what to do. They don't like hearing that I'm on disability and there's not much they can do before they tell me I'm just not trying hard enough. So I can't thank you enough for this.

I just got a letter in the mail about an old CC I had with National City. PNC just bought them out, and I'm pretty sure it's been over 4 years (statute for PA) since I last paid on it, and it's the first I've ever heard about this debt. When I request this info from the collection agency in my DV letter, will they be able to provide it? If not, does the burden of proof lay on me? I checked through the thread again but I may have missed this information.

And for the SSI guy, if any of your student loans are through the Dept. of Education, they can forgive theirs once you're on SSI as long as it's for at least 3 years after they forgive them. I got through the first hoop and my friends mom's took about 6 months total to have a decision made. Once their collectors got ahold of me they were super nice once they heard about that, not so much with the loving assholes that last had my Sallie Mae ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU