Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swastikatzen
Apr 10, 2006

Sorry if I missed something on this earlier, but I recently got a letter from an agency on something I defaulted on in 05. I fired back a debt verification letter and got a response.

They basically said they wouldn't contact me further about this debt and they 'attached an original validation of debt that verifies this debt.'

The validation they attached is nothing more than:

As of the date of this communication, you owe $1,189.95 on Account number (some number) which is now owned by LVNV Funding LLC. Should you desire to pay off the account in full, you should contact us at 1-888-665-0374 to determine the payoff balance as interest, payments, credits, fees, and/or other permissible charges can continue to cause your account balance to vary from day to day.

The only other thing they show is my previous creditor which is accurate. This seems like a pretty flimsy 'validation' to me. Where would I go from here? Do some research and fire back another letter or start negotiations for a pay for delete?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU