Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacke
Jun 29, 2006

CubsWoo posted:

No. Statute can only restart if you make a payment.

I remember reading somewhere when I was fighting a debt myself that in some states it can also restart if you agree to pay the debt over the phone to the collection agency. You've basically admitted that the debt is yours. I was very careful about what I said to them over the phone, but I was wondering if there was any truth to this.

e: after googling this I got a lot of hits, apparently in some states there is some truth to it.

Dacke fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacke
Jun 29, 2006

ZoneManagement posted:

I also have a friend who has a open an account, that is in good status, that has been open for 4 years now, with a 12,000 dollar limit, with a high of 5400 dollars. He's never heard of this account. He also has a C/O of 1295 dollars with BoA from a secured credit card. BoA also got a judgment on him in the amount of 1295.

What rights does he have? The last payment on the account was 5 years ago in January. Georgia's statute states 4 years on credit cards, but that judgment...

Judgments have a much longer statute of limitation I believe.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/statuteLimitations.shtml

There is a link to SOL on judgments in there. For my state (FL) it is 20 years.

Dacke fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 24, 2009