Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

corkskroo posted:

just gonna post a few more recent pics in case anyone cares. The one light bouncing off the ceiling thing is still in effect:

roman cheese bread ready to go in the oven

and done

a mexican-style shrimp "remoulade"

Julia Child-style gateau omni omelette

I think these are a lot better. But I think it needs to be said, number 2 doesn't show off the food. The plate detracts and the table cloth REALLY doesn't suit roman cheese bread. That table cloth is for grannies bickies.
In three I am wondering why the garnish fell off the plate. Basically make it a garnish and keep it on the plate, or make it a bunch of herbs and put it off the plate and make it in focus!
The first one has the depth of focus too shallow because you should see ALL of one item, not only the middle of the bread.

In the last on the plate feels dirty, and it just seems too yellow. I'm sure it's delicious but all that yellow food needs more white plate to make it not feel so warm. And why is the table cloth not one plain sheet.
Basically, in this shot you should have a clean background OR you should have something in the background that is another focus (like cutlery, or wine).

Oh, and I just noticed the prawn plate is a bit dirty. Mop up every bit of not white stuff on the plate that isn't the main attraction. I know it might be annoying, but it's really simple.

Keep going! You're improving a lot. I am thinking of taking shots of my dinner now. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

corkskroo posted:

Thanks for the detailed response. Yeah, we definitely need to spend more time on styling. And I do most of my plate mopping in photoshop since picture-taking time is still limited to the moments before we chow down. Gotta be more careful to get it all up...

(Oh, I might only be able to see it since I'm on my laptop which is overly bright and overly saturated :P)

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006

GrAviTy84 posted:

I never got asked for permission and I have CC-attribution-non-commercial-share-alike set on the pic.

Edit: At least they did credit me, not by name though.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/
They don't need specific permission, because a CC license IS permission.

quote:

You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
I am not sure how you specified they attribute it to you, but I assume if you didn't specifically say how to attribute it to you then, if you're using Flickr, they could just link to you etc.

It also has to not be for money and they can't change it.

• Locked thread