Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

robertdx posted:

More homemade bread:

I know it's just a snapshot but I'm trying to get better with styling.

Well done, looks great. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the blown out portion of the lettuce, but the food looks great, composition is nice, and all the important food is in focus. Did you use multiple shots to get enough DOF, or was f/7.1 @ 100mm enough?

e: I guess the building bokeh would be more pleasant if it was all trees in the background, I like the green juxtaposition with the plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
It looks pretty good but I wish the (beans with cheese?) and rice were in focus (focus stacking or tilt shift). The little reflection in the corner can/should be cloned out too. Maybe either pick out the green pea or put more in the rice so it looks intentional rather than accidental.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

You always looked so scary and intimidating to me ... until now.

edit: oh ya, I really like the lighting on the chocolate chips and the logo. It's a great practical solution for an awesome logo or banner shot.

I quite like the product shots, but I think the photo of you should be redone-- I do not want to eat cookies prepared by a man in flannel pajama bottoms, if I wanted to do that, I'd eat cookies I made!

e: Seriously though, the packaging is awesome as long as the end result stays beautifully unbroken.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know much about food photography, but I like the first one the best. I think it may be due to me preferring the wood grain going vertical.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

poopinmymouth posted:

I want to eventually deliver internationally, but still working on how.

All your stuff looks amazingly delicious, but international delivery of those kinds of goods is going to probably triple your prices :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
^ I like it, but the perspective is blowing my mind. I only wish the shadows were behind the fruit rather than to the right.

If you do a shot like that again I would like to see if the shadows following the grain of the wood would help (or shadows hidden behind the objects), and get rid of the white glare on the top of the shot,

• Locked thread