Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

corkskroo posted:

This is looking much better! The only suggestion I have is to include a bounce for the foreground, the lime could use a bit more lighting. Good improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

corkskroo posted:

still only have the one light. Just been too busy to get another. But here's a shot from last night. Set up is just the regular kitchen overhead and a fluorescent bounced off the ceiling, white balanced off a card before shooting.

on the plus side, i think the colors, the food and the plate look great. on the minus side of course i'm introducing all sorts of wacky shadows. I need to conform the bulbs and get another lamp.

I think this shot could use more DOF. At first I thought this photo was way out of focus, but it seems there there is a sliver of focused area. Are you using a tripod? Can you get away with a stopped down aperture?

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

mysticp posted:

Some new stuff. This is going to be a framing shot for a magazine that the restaurant I shoot for produces to give out for its customers. The subject is poultry and this was a shot of a chicken liver mousse that they make. The idea is the recipe will be provided and printed in the white space of the shot. Hence all the white space.

Wow, that looks great! I am digging the use of white space for the recipe, a great idea. Will you show the final design with recipe in this thread?

I think your lighting works well in this photo. The reflector did a great job. I don't see any dark areas that need more lighting, especially since the main subject (the pâté) is well lit.

• Locked thread