Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

brad industry posted:

Because the current aesthetic for food photography is minimally styled food with natural looking lighting. Not that they don't style the food, because they do, but it's to put the emphasis on natural/healthy/organic/authentic cooking/whatever.

The vast majority of food photography isn't advertising. Truth in advertising laws don't have anything to do with the amount of styling either, it just has to be the actual product you would buy. McDonald's can't substitute a homemade bun for the photo of a burger, but they can pick one bun out of 1000, prop it up with toothpicks, put sesame seeds on perfectly with tweezers, and spray it with hairspray to get it to shine.
Can they actually spray it with hairspray? I remember reading somewhere about turkeys covered in motor oil, I think it said that everything photographed for food advertising has to be the actual product AND edible, or some such, so hairspray might not be very legitimate, even if you don't really see it. Some sort of FCC or FDA or F-somethingsomething regulation, but I can't really reference it, soooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

After being told that I am not a stylist of any magnitude, I picked 6 of the 7 cherries my cherry tree produced and arranged them like a true artist.

Or I was excited to finally have a camera with liveview to make better use of my hasselblad lens adapter.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

too much high art in here

• Locked thread