Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
How is this? Obviously not staged and more a spur of the moment thing, but I need to start posting more for feedback anyways :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Cross_ posted:

I do like the odd plate, and the bottle/glasses arrangement. The things that bug me are the camera tilt, the bland table runner, and the lack of good lighting.

Thanks, I can see that - is it underexposed or just not lit enough? I really need to get my monitor calibrated :(

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Hazardous Taste posted:

There needs to be more light and more attention to the food. As it is right now, the brightest highlights are all clustered in the wine glasses. After the dark corner, the glasses are the second thing that gets my attention. Also, did you add a vignette in post?

Yeah - I guess as an attempt to deal with the negative space top right, the fireplace tiles seemed pretty boring. I want to do some more food photography now :)

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
This is just a natural light snapshot of my dinner, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the processing:

My spinach is too dark I think, I like the natural shape of the chicken, although the edges between it and the risotto is really weird.

I also tried a different angle, but I don't like the focus here at all - am I right?

I haven't really processed this one yet.

• Locked thread