Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

brad industry posted:

Yeah food can be way, way warm but a tiny bit cool and it looks weird. Cool tones aren't appetizing because they rarely occur in edible things in nature.

What about cooler temperatures for things like Yogurt? Would you still shoot it a bit warm? I'm shooting an ad campaign for a yogurt company next week, and I'm a bit nervous about the lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I wanna add some water drops on the strawberries but I'm not sure how, any tips?

Here's a test shot.

I tried to add a water drop in photoshop but I think it looks a bit odd.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Eutheria posted:

Not sure if you want feedback on the non-water drop portion of the photo, but the strawberries clearly appear shopped in; the edges are rough, their reflection on the surface doesn't line up (and is bigger), and you can see some transparency overlap between the yogurt/strawberry reflections.

Can you not just use actual strawberries and water drops?

Oh I am :) I was just bored last night and wanted to do some test shots of the packaging. It was just a general comp idea I had for reference when I'm doing the shoot.

I'm going to buy some fruit today and play around with it more. I just wasnt sure if it was possible to add water drops via photoshop or if a spray bottle would be enough. I hear people using all sorts of things on products to give them a certain look (vaseline, etc.) and wasnt sure what the appropriate tool would be for good looking water drops.

I'll give a spray bottle a try, my only fear is that the fruit will absorb it all and the drops wont be visible.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

brad industry posted:

words words words

Very useful advice. I primarily shoot models, so doing this product / food stuff is a bit intimidating :)

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I'm having an issue with granola, it just doesn't look sharp in pictures. I'm not sure what it is about the texture, but it doesn't look right. Here's an example. Any ideas?

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

My aunt owns a mexican food joint in LA, and I was asked to do some shots for the website.

food by francography, on Flickr

How's that look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Shmoogy posted:

It looks pretty good but I wish the (beans with cheese?) and rice were in focus (focus stacking or tilt shift). The little reflection in the corner can/should be cloned out too. Maybe either pick out the green pea or put more in the rice so it looks intentional rather than accidental.

Only reason I went with a shallow DOF is because this particular shot was to promote taco night. Hmm. I agree with the rest though. I'll see if I can retake it.

• Locked thread