Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
If that electro-pop/Little Boots/La Roux thing floats your boat, I really love this remix of Little Boots by Treasure Fingers (apparently TF used to be a dnb producer but haven't looked into it, kinda interesting considering the sound his electro remixes take). It's about a year old but the cheesey as gently caress bassline still gets me every time for some reason:

Little Boots - Meddle (Treasure Fingers Remix)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Anyone got some recommendations for poo poo similar to this track I love:

Boreta - Bubblin in the Cut. Pulled this track from the Crush Mode Mixtape released by the Glitch Mob last year.

I've gone through the tracklisting for the mixtape to try and check the other artists on there but none of it seems to hit the same spot as this track.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

incoherent posted:

Nothing from bassnectar suited you? Heres something in mind.

Nice one, thanks chief!

CubistK2 posted:

I think this one has a similar vibe though, heavy-rear end bass and vocal samplage, see what you think

http://hypem.com/#/track/836553/Birdy+Nam+Nam+-+Worried+Djedjotronic+Remix+

Also thanks! Reminds me of Arveene and Misk too, this is great!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Welp just got a flyer in my mail for Major Lazer's US tour - of course they're not coming to Australia in any event but they are releasing limited number of pre-sale tickets for real dudes (or just any scrub that signs up to mailing lists and then forgets about them like I did). Link.

On sale like NOW - enjoy if you can!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
If anyone here goes to Ultra and sees the Glitch Mob, requesting a trip report please

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Hey Melee Beats is it cool if I give my old housemate your Warehouse - No Funk track to play out later this year at an australian gig with Anoraak?

I figure you won't mind but, you know, manners and poo poo.

Can he buy it officially anywhere? I only have the mp3 you posted a ton of pages ago.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

melee beats posted:

For sure, I don't care at all - the Warehouse project is gaining some steam but still no releases yet. Lots of inquiries, though

If you like Warehouse type stuff, I'm doing a live show on Friday that's basically all disco like Warehouse (and my other disco tracks) mashed together live for about an hour. I'm nervous about recording it from Ableton but I might take the chance.

Sweet man, thanks. Also, record that poo poo, gently caress it! (you will be judged)

I am getting tired of all the mixes I have saved :(

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Probably not african enough but Zombie Disco Squad have put out a couple of good things last year that had some gratuitous use of african percussion.

Check out their track Eurovision (the link I had for it is dead :().. might not be what you're after but kinda cool anyway.

edit: holy poo poo that King of Africa thing is loving hilarious

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

zerojake posted:

http://www.thefastlife.org/2010/01/29/forbidden-cuts/

Anyone who's into disco stuff, check out this ep from discotexas. All the tracks are absolutely amazing.

Wow. Already itching for the next release. This rocks.

ed: how do I take these off repeat

aejix fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 30, 2010

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
New Noisia track is pretty kickass: http://www.mediafire.com/?qtk2fi5i2mb

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

trill rear end posted:

Dayum.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Hipster dogpile countdown in 3.... 2....

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Turbo P can you post another tindeck please?

Also meleebeats, your No Funk track made more than a few scarf-wearing hipster girls shake it at that Anoraak gig (dunno if you'll take that as a compliment but whatever). Have you been getting any more traction with Warehouse?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

trill rear end posted:

here, this is coming out on discobelle on wednesday

PS my first song on beatport!!! buy it!!

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/track/catalog/?contextType=artists&contextName=Turbo%20P&contextEntityId=130443

Sick, thanks!

melee beats posted:

Thanks for all the kind words.

After all that loving mouse poo poo we needed a bit of :glomp:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Mustard Pimp's new Burn Paris Burn mix is currently kicking my rear end. Hope they come out here soon!

edit: came in my pants when they dropped Noisia's Machine Gun

aejix fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 22, 2010

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Kerk posted:

Leonardus just put out his second mixtape, full of funky house goodness. Worth checking out.
http://www.mixcloud.com/leonardusmusic/leonardus-mixtape-vol2/player/

Thanks for this!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Oof!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
That takes smelling your own farts to a whole other level

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Threatis posted:

Pendulum has ALWAYS been poo poo

They remixed our ABC news intro theme and I heard it out last week - nobody knew what the gently caress was going on. Pendulum do not always suck :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iysSJ51sRc

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Kerk posted:

Threw together an hour and a half or so mix of some older house from early 2000s. Check it out if your into filter/french house. Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/kerk-1/house-music-all-night-long-mixtape

This kicks rear end mate, well done.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
So can someone clown/school/educate/whatever me on why Diplo is so massive? Paging Threatis?

I got sent his remix of Proxy’s 8000 track, listened to most of his stuff posted in here, youtube’d a few tracks as well and it’s just… well… poo poo? It just sounds so god drat boring (hurrr hypocrite). I like most of the stuff throughout this thread that gets recommended but I am dumb and gay and just don’t get Diplo at all. Like he seems a cool guy and all that poo poo but his tunes do nothing for me :shobon:

vvvv Skrillex has another EP coming out? Sweet! Loved his first free one.

aejix fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 28, 2010

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Threatis posted:

i think its an asthetic thing that people dont get, i mean, if you listen to my mixes, you know i got my feet pretty firmly planted in hip hop. I appreciate diplo mostly because of the fact that he uses dance music as a way to fram poo poo alot of people in the dance scene just dont know/dont want to know.

When i was coming through the rave scene in the 90s i always laughed because i was the outsider punk kid in "Their world" and everyone used to hate on rap because they saw it as the antitheses of rave culture without looking really hard and going "oh poo poo, these are like nearest neighbors". I think alot of that still prevails today too.

with diplo specifically i know the reason i like him as much as i do is because at a time when everyone was saying "this is prog trance", "this is jungle", etc. he was the dude saying "hey look poo poo you can dance too". I know for me that means alot because i take the same attitude towards DJing. Alot of people on here call me a bmore dj, even though i just consider myself a DJ.

Thanks for the real talk! There's been a ton of music or genres that I never really liked or got into but then I had someone explain it's roots, history, evolution, all that poo poo and even if I didn't really dig it after that, at least I had a better understanding of where it came from and what it 'means' or how people can relate to it. Sometimes just being open to those other perspectives eventually got me into new stuff in a big way.

Then again I'm only just coming around to Major Lazer (img-timeline or what?) and even then only just a couple tracks so maybe I just have 'dad taste' or something haha.

vvv Thanks man I'll check it out. Set listing looks all over the shop, should be pretty interesting!

aejix fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 1, 2010

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

trill rear end posted:

Speaking of Pauly D, Y'all should follow my new side project on soundcloud!

http://soundcloud.com/clicksandwhistles

It may or may not be me collaborating with a secret goon.

This is loving sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Calculon posted:

Has anyone ever posted Shook in this thread? I like this video.

This is fuckin sweet! Love that style. Anyone got any other similar artists to check out? Guess I'll start with the label + discography!