Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

tickytack posted:

I haven't seen them in the thread yet, and they aren't really that great, but I was shamelessly addicted to some of that Passion Pit album over the summer.

Standout track: "Little Secrets"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBt9sxTailQ

The Jack beats remix of this went over a treat at I love techno, when fake blood played it. Its an awesome tune :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uetgOn_tUI

A Pretty awesome remake of the original track by Erol alkan and Boys Noize, its ridiculously good and addictive to listen to.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

eXile posted:

Okay, there's a serious lack of Tiga in this thread.

TIGA STUFF

you forgot the most important aspect of tiga, his sense of humour

*from the sleeve notes of the latest Turbo Omnidance compilation:

Tiga posted:

"If you don't understand Chromeo it's obvious you are a racist. Only racists and deaf people are immune to the Montreal duo's funky funk. Just go buy this ... or are you a Nazi?"

THIS> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2009/jul/28/tiga-turbo-recordings-album-sleevenotes Guardian article unravels the truth!

The Article posted:

Elsewhere, Tiga, tongue-surgically-implanted-in-cheek, takes time out to offend the Finns, bedroom musicians, women and dwarves (he won't sign either to Turbo), and the recently demobbed Israeli ravers who wash-up in Goa: "Dragon-stick juggling, hard-partying stoners, with cosmic space-trance pants, and post-military abandon. [There is] nothing quite like a bad-tripping and Mossad-trained 19-year-old naked on a motorbike." The French, meanwhile, are given a pass on the basis that while "it's not easy to forgive the Vichy collaborator swine for helping Nazis rule Europe for six years", they do make "amazing luggage and bread".

Pathetic? Well, yeah, it is a bit. But it's also very funny, particularly if you're open to gently daft tales about how Tiga's pooch, "one of the finest A&R dogs in Canada", pivotally preferred Boys Noize to Tiesto; or how Russian producer Proxy ("championed by DJs as shockingly diverse as Erol Alkan and 2ManyDJs") was contacted via Vladivstock's Interior Ministry of Getting Down. Frankly, it's just good to hear techno, often the most self-important of genres, laughing at itself.

I got addicted to "Mind Dimension" for all of last year, my flatmates hated the "drrrr drrr drrr" of it but eventually they got addicted as well. I saw bit of his set at i love techno this year but he wasnt on form, and he even admitted it, but apparently he is a pretty good dj. Sexor and ciao are loving great pop/techno/dance albums though.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Is it true that Mr Oizo shooting a film named Rubber, about the history of an evil tyre killing people in the desert... Soundtrack by SebastiAn, Gaspard (from jousteeece) & him.

if it is that's awesome

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Volvagia posted:

Anyone seen Vitalic live? I kinda wanna go next month. I really liked Flashmob, pretty sure it was my fav electronic release this year. Way better than the first one, which was too clean and glitzy for me...Flashmob sounds like he's finally trying out some distortion, and it owns.

Yup, he is awesome live, OK cowboy was a nice mix and flashmob is great too and yeah the distortion is tastefully done (when i mean tastefully i mean not "lol its just all noise" gimmick)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Flashing Twelve posted:

So what's coming in 2010?

*Crookers - tons of friends - march
*Daft Punk - Tron OST
*new Hot Chip - february time i think?
*Riva Starr - If Life Gives U Lemons Make Lemonade - January - 25th
*Uffie - Sex Dreams & Denim Jeans - February - 14th
*Boys Noize - Transmission EP - February - 8th
*apparently new Kavinsky soon?
*Fabriclive 52 - Duke Dumont
*more L-vis 1990 ep's
*The Count & Sinden - Debut LP (sometime summer 2010 apparently)
*Groove Armada - Black Light - February - 23th
*New LCD soundsystem album sometime :)
*apparently new Jack Beats album as well.
*Busy P has been playing some new Sebastian tracks as well, there might be a release from him in 2010
*Bart B More - Romane EP - January 2010
*Gonzales [LP] (produced by Boys Noize)
*Mr Oizo/Justice/Others - Rubber Soundtrack
*Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma - April - 20th - Warp Records
*Apparently an Aeroplane labum might be in the works as wlel but it might be 2011 :(
*upcoming 2 Many djs album/ new soulwax/a free online radio station done by them?
*New Chemical Brothers album

and apparently Simian Mobile Disco are going to release a "techno album" in 2010 as well which im pretty exited for seen as i was a bit underwhelmed by temporay pleasure. Oh also new club night/label called "Delicatessen" !!! seemingly the first delicatessen night is at matter in February.

edit:
*new proxy as well, apparently he has a new track called "vibrate" which knowing him, played live, would probably literally make you vibrate :D

*New single + remixes from "In Flagranti" - "ExExEx" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJmIisqbEE&feature=player_embedded with remixes from: Bottin, Riton, Headman, DJ Wool, Golden Bug and Hercules and Love Affair’s Andy Butler. The package will be out on January 20. (woop new Riton!)

also new Dj zinc apparently (hopefully, i loving loved crack house)

sorry for the rather disorgansied post, but 2010 looks pretty good, is Delphic's album out, mabe that should be on the list.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 6, 2010

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

JimmyJazz posted:

i really hope that simian 'techno album' is what i thinking its going to be

Yeah they said it is going to be more "minimal" inspired a bit like "10'000 horses" and "synthesise" were (as opposed to most of temporary pleasure which was pop)

They have already released a new tune that is insane live, they play it constantly in their sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B8qbp5P11o

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 7, 2010

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Threatis posted:

well, he is right about that. I'm getting sick and tired of dudes coming up to me at gigs i'm playing and trying to drop knowledge like a pro on me or other dudes who have been at this forever when their understanding of this poo poo started at Cross.

Do people really do this on nights out? like im being serious here, i'd understand it on the internet because...well its on the internet but i cant understand why they would be so pretentious in a club or at a gig?

Maybe its different in the uk (im assuming your from the US)? or maybe i just haven't seen it (thank god).

My musical knowledge only really extends to "hey, this is a cool track" when im out and that's it

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

PhonyMcRingRing posted:

Nope, sounded like the same lovely rap poo poo they play on the radio. I actually think it was probably the farthest thing from house/electro in this thread.

wow...

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Electro is the new metal.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Heard this on new years :) awesome was wondering who did the mix of dead prez

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

This song is so good live, its hard to find a video of it on youtube though because it isnt on any of their albums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1Vq1W5Vfg
"Aspic" - SMD

Cant wait to see them again!

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Lysis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B8qbp5P11o
Pretty good quality.

Nah live i mean, it sounds so flat there :S

Also 2010 : Rubber OST

gonna own
gallery here > http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/01/quentin-dupieux-redefines-the-road-movie-with-rubber.php

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Threatis posted:

- go to amazon
- look up a dubstep album/comp
- realize that in almost every case the "user who bought this also bought..." section is filled with video games/video game memorabilia.
- secondarily realize that the majority of dubstep fans are gigantic video game nerds.

Threatis posted:

who like dubstep because it's "soooo underground"

*turns on BBC Radio 1 at 4pm*

*hears dubstep*

*watches some video game commercial*

*hears dubstep*

breaking news this is Threatis, is this news hot of the presses?

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 6, 2010

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

drat, even though there is a lot of wank on that lineup id still love to go, the biscayne stage on the saturday looks mental.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Mr Viper posted:

I saw that on his facebook. Jesus Christ that guy is lame. I mean, if it wasn't for the fact he's pretty much the biggest DJ in the world, he'd be a 4channer living in his mom's basement in Toronto.

he was a goon ya' know but stop posting i think because people kept asking him "are you the real Deadmau5?"

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

GZA Genius posted:

Jesus I was listening to a new mix from Valeries blog today, and at around the 17 min mark I hear this song, that was straight hotness. I was like "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???" I check the track listing and it is a god drat Janet Jackson instrumental. She can still bring the heat after all of these years. The song is poo poo, but the instrumental is great.

Janet Jackson- Rock With U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B1dzOVs34s

Janet Jackson invented bloghouse , you know.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

just gonna drop this here...

...and after a advent calendar crazed Christmas, Turbo decided to do the bearly bearlieveable.

Big Bear's first release on Turbo coincides with national Polar bear day ( February 27th) and will be promoting Polar Bear awareness for his bro's in the cold.

Its message is simple, its all about the honey. Bitches.

"As one of 21,750 Canadian Brown bears, I feel so proud to be releasing on my fellow Canadians label, for Turbo. Its aboot time, I've been working real hard on this EP, in the forest, with my producer Beaverinski."

FEATURING

Original mix

Big Bears Growler VIP Remix

Bloody Beartroots Remix

TVP's Climbing up a tree for more honey remix

Tiga's Canadian Gold Medal Remix

Released on all online stores asap, from Feb 27th...

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Furnace posted:

you should see the pee wee herman show there if you can.

yup i heard he is one of the best dj's out there

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Goddamn the electric carnival lineup for birmingham just got released: (sorry about the length. drat all this for £25 and there is still more to be announced.

Area 1: MAIN STAGE (OUTDOOR)

FATBOY SLIM
CALVIN HARRIS (LIVE)
CHASE & STATUS (LIVE)
PETE JORDAN
+ VERY SPECIAL GUEST TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Area 2: PLANET TURBO

TIGA
BOYS NOIZE
PROXY (LIVE)
TVP
DOLLOP Vs BEASTRAVE DJ’s
SCOTT BLEEPZ

Area 3: FWD >> RINSE

SKREAM
CASPA
ZINC
NTYPE & YOUNGSTA
GEENEUS
CHEF
ALEXANDER NUT
SPYRO

MC’s ROD AZLAN

Area 4: SCI TEC Vs POSITRONIC

DUBFIRE
JAMES ZABIELA
CARLO LIO
REBEKAH
POKADOT & CINDERELLA MAN

Area 5: WAREHOUSE PARTY
ANDY C
MARKY
SHY FX
BREAKAGE
ESCAPE
PHASE 2

Area 6: BIGGER THAN BARRY
SCRATCH PERVERTS
DOORLY
BURNS
STARSMITH
KNICKERBOCKER COREY
BARRY DJ’S

Area 7: STANTON SESSIONS
STANTON WARRIORS
UTAH SAINTS
HEXADECIMAL
JOEBOT

Area 8: FACE / HABIT
DJ SNEAK
JEM ATKINS
JACK 2 FRONT (Habit)
ELLIOT CROFT (Face)
DEEP CITY SOUL

Area 9: BBC RADIO 1 XTRA PRESENTS SPEAKERBOX
DONAEO (LIVE)
MISTAJAM (RADIO 1)
JAKWOB
CJ BEATZ
LIL SILVA

looking forward to the turbo stage! :) Proxy live , again! :)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Stormy the Rabbit posted:

I've already bought my ticket :D Anything I've been to that Eclectricty have held has been amazing.

got my ticket as well :) well excited!

edit : Argh content!
Been digging this bonus track from the special edition of SMD's new album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-v_5kr1-7g

if you like techno/minimal-ish techno do yourself a favour and try and listen to their 2010 essential mix its great :)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Urgh america, want this lineup in the uk

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

incoherent posted:

Dude look at the time. It ends at midnight and a terrible venue.

loving green velvet, however.

holy poo poo, aha, why would they do this?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Threatis posted:

someone in the uk bitching about an awesome lineup on this side of the pond is one of the most enraging things i've ever heard in my life.

uk isnt london.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Mods rename this thread "HEH..NAMEDROP :smug:"

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Just poppin in here to say that Jokers of the scene have done a pretty good remix of Boy 8 bit's "wolfen" on his new EP

just get the Ep its all good :hehe:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Im gonna enjoy myself at "west dance" at glastonbury on the friday:

West Dance
DJ Boys Noise
DJ Simian Mobile Disco
Live Delphic
DJ Fake Blood
DJ Rusko
Live Chromeo
DJ Aeroplane
DJ Boy 8-Bit
DJ Hannah Holland

:toot:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

phractured posted:

I would kill to see fake blood right now. I love this genre!

he does a ton of shows man every year, most of them arent that expensive either. Odds on he will play a big show near you.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

With dance music being a somewhat overly serious genre of music, its nice to witness some humour from the boys over at Turbo:

*"Tiga on his nomination for Best Indie Dance Artist: "Anyone who's seen my Indie Dancing knows I deserve to win. The moves I pull off in one-legged jeans are nothing short of heroic."

* Turbo Recordings Tiga, PROXY and Soulwax to rock HARD SUMMER. Harder even than the summer of 2019, when airports start falling from the sky.

* Matt Walsh Mix for Planet Turbo. The next best thing to standing awkwardly behind him in the DJ booth and asking “What is this?” every 10 minutes.

*Bang Gang’s Jaimie Doom on HEY TODAY!, “TALK TO ME”: "HOLY SHITLORD THIS IS GOOD.” We do not approve of taking Shitlord’s name in vain.

*Dear Marty,

Blowing your mind is just what we do... you don't have to thank us. Just keep doing what you're doing: having your mind blown away.

-Turbo

*"THEY SENT A MAN TO DO A BOY'S JOB..."

BOYS NOIZE – TRANSMISSION (TIGA REMIX) NOW AVAILABLE ON BEATPORT.

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO CANADA'S OLYMPIC DOWNHILL DANCIN' TEAM.

gotta love turbo.

EDIT- scratch that i fuckin love tiga when he talk about my home town:

Tiga posted:

In anticipation of the upcoming Planet Turbo show at the Digbeth Festival, Tiga took some time out from livin’ on the edge to share his thoughts on Birmingham.

Whenever anyone asks me what I do for a living, the answer is simple. I go out there and teach people why they call me "Mr. Famous". But sometimes, it's me who has to assume the role of the student.

I’m not going to lie: this was a scheduling error. I was looking for an excuse to put on my Alabama Pants and take them for a ride all the way down the Misterssippi. But I quickly recognized this as an opportunity to go on one of my trademark “AOL Walkabouts” and learn more about this fantastic city called Birmingham, England.

Until now, my memories of Birmingham had mainly been limited to the time Dave from Soulwax DJed while holding a sandwich. You should have seen him tease that sandwich. Unwrapping it. Taking the toothpick out. When he almost took a bite near the end of the set, the place exploded.

Having done a bit of research, I’m now able to envision just how amazing this particular Planet Turbo show will be. I can see myself looking up at the famous Birmingham skyline with my tourmates, pointing out The Rotunda, the Holloway Circus Tower and the gently caress Building. I can see us all ordering a round of mutton shooters at The Rum Runner’s new Hard Rock Café-themed wing. And I can see myself mouthing the words to this exclusive new Tiga track that I will almost definitely use to close my set:

Birmingham (You Make Me So Alive)

I’m just learning, ma’am
(Just how to say)
Thank you to Birmingham, yeah.

I’m a discerning man
(So I know what I say)
You quench my yearning, man, drat.

I’ve got this burning plan
(Make it come true someday)
To get back to Birmingham, now.

(Bird solo outro)

I leave you with the words of your native son Andy Taylor, from the Acknowledgments section of his autobiography “Wild Boy”. “Some like it hot, so let’s thank everyone who made this possible until we fry.”

And I thank you,
Tiga

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 1, 2010

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 31, 2014

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 31, 2014

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

So for £6 i get to go to a sweaty, cramped 300 capacity cellar and see:

L-VIS 1990
BOK BOK
EGYPTRIXX
SHORTERZ

nice. What a bargain.

edit- 2 weeks before that Brodinski is playing there for the same price. aha amazing.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Furnace posted:

where's that at?

Rainbow pub/warehouse , birmingham uk.
For tickets >>http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/buy_tickets/events/?id=10011534

Nice to see somewhere is putting on stuff like this when everywhere else is being shut down by he loving local council.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Didnt know Boy 8 bit had a bbc essential mix last week, gonna have to give that a listen pronto.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Caseman posted:

then proceeded to spend half an hour ranting about how JOEL ZIMMERMAN probably got $20k for spending 5 minutes in ableton throwing together this track.

This is literally the world of electronic music. money for literally nothing.

Threatis posted:

mustard pimp is pretty good i opened with this track for like 2 straight months

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoziHnR-sio

Mustard Pimp is ok, but his tracks get old pretty quick. Liked his remix of A1 Bassline then got really sick of it.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

aejix posted:

They remixed our ABC news intro theme and I heard it out last week - nobody knew what the gently caress was going on. Pendulum do not always suck :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iysSJ51sRc

That link is making me think they suck harder, so i dont get what you are trying to prove :confused:

Also Modeselektor released that "Art & Cash" Ep a couple of weeks ago, i assumed it was going to be followed up with an ep or an album but i didnt see anything from them?

they still touring with moderat or something?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

trill rear end posted:

get me booked, dawgs. turbopmusic@gmail.com

will you dj in my kitchen while i fry some eggs and generally make dinner. that would own.

im kinda serious.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Wanna Hear the soundtrack to rubbber

gently caress to be honest i just want to see Busy P chucking tires around in the desert.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Currently a bit :qqsay: because im going to miss Hot City, Jack Beats, Joker and Sbtrkt because of exams

Here is some Paul Chambers instead.

Ignore the "6 mix Erol alkan" stuff at the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbRLsgIoU4A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

Threatis' posts are always great because I imagine him posting as the guy in his av

Threatis is diplo

he literally is being bummed by DJ Tiesto