Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Ras Het posted:

Couple of weeks old, but maybe it wasn't posted yet. New Buraka is a mad ting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMe-8Tf1Y0

Seeing Buraka live was so much fun, they dont seem to come to the uk much though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Law posted:

I read this thread so I can listen to some cool music, now I'm somehow a worse person for liking Justice? :smith:

If you base what music you like by what other people on the internet like, and then get annoyed/sad/whatever when they say "no i don't like that band/dj" then that's your fault not theirs for caring about something so dumb instead of just enjoying what you enjoy, people still have the right to post X dj is terrible because of Y though because its a valid opinion much like saying you like a certain dj or song.

Stop getting tetchy becuase someone slated your ~*~favourite dj~*~

Anyway youtubes:
Quite liked this from Beataucue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7KD72ah8mQ

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Cowboy. posted:

Saw this pop up on RA:
[url=http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uIfh7MSj8h4J:https://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlis...e=www.google.ca] Swedish House Mafia have accused fellow producers of “raping” dance music.[/url]

Quoting it because I can't find the daily mail article so the above link is a google cache.

Ahhh Ahh, what..what on earth? That surely cant be real.

Edit: was round a mates house earlier and was looking through some of his old vinyl and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRHuW_mfALE

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 29, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Threatis posted:

If you can't see how hysterical the whole idea of blogboat is I really don't know what to tell you

The Lonely Island - I'm On A Boat (ft. T-Pain) (Melee Beats cruiseliner remix)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Dono posted:

Well I'm done with my rant, but maybe just maybe someone here can shed some light on how to properly critique music without being an uncultured neckbeard.

If you like/don't like something you hear in this thread, post about it, thats the point of this thread right? If someone has a problem with you not liking a song/genre/artist they like,it's their problem not yours, I will never understand people who get upset because someone on the internet doesn't like the same music as they do.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 25, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

keevo posted:

If you want to compare it to brostep, then you'll remember that it was one or two artists that were doing it until Skrillex

who else exactly?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

sonicice posted:

Report are coming in that DJ Mehdi has passed away. Some french website described it as an accident. RIP.

Edit: Fell through his roof?

I really should have seen Carte Blanche at Bestival on saturday then, drat :( thats terrible.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

The new surkin EP ultra light is pretty good, been playing the voodoo mix of orbital motorway a lot, he doesn't seem to release much (and hardly ever tours the uk?) but his stuff is usually pretty decent.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Going to James zabiela + Riva Starr tonight, should be fun. Though its a bit crap that this is the only big non dubstep/dnb night thats is on for ages this autumn in the Midlands.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Fabric60: Dave Clarke is a good listen so far some nice and dirty techno the only names i recognise on the release were gesaffelstein and i knew Clarke's earlier work and saw him live in belgium a couple of years back so it was still a bit of a mystery going into it but it was an enjoyable listen and didn't get that bored during the mix. I'd recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCxhCbbrAD4

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 18, 2011

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Cyril Sneer posted:

So Annie Mac is playing the Wrongbar here in Toronto on Oct. 29th. Is that THE Annie Mac, of BBC1 fame?

Has anyone ever seen her live before? Like, does she do a dj set or what?

Yeah its probably her, although the other people she gets to dj with her are usually a million times more interesting. She usually does a wide range of EDM and any-time ive seen her its been ok not that great to be honest.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Is Dave clarke worth seeing these days? a mate wants to go to

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175863722496344

DAVE CLARKE
SPEEDY J
MARCEL FENGLER
BEN SIMS
CHRIS FINKE
ED MACKIE

It's meant to be the last night at that current venue so i imagine it should be something special regardless.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

LuckySevens posted:

It's kind of like how watching UFC live is a rip off, since 90% of the seats can't see anything and end up watching it on the big screen.

Except, you're in the arena, with a group of people who appreciate the same thing you do.

Dj sets compared to gigs (live bands etc) are usually cheaper too, so i can pay like £25 to hear around 4 hours of music from 2 or 3 bands at a gig where i could probably go to 2 large EDM events for that amount and get 12 hours worth from a number of different dj's in the same kind of setting.

That said it depends what you are into to be honest.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Thoogsby posted:

Trailer for the Porter Robinson mini-documentary that comes out the 30th: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVsOd3Mj0to

"Footage from Porter's experience on Tiësto's Club Life College Invasion Tour 2011."

ahaha.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Alfajor posted:

Apparently Deadmau5's latest track just leaked:
"I like soda" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR3g6YMH2SU

This is someone just messing around in fruityloops or sometihng right?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

captainOrbital posted:

Is this the thread in which to mention that Orbital announced that their new album, entitled "Wonky," is coming out in early April?

If it's not, then please disregard. If it is, then Orbital just announced that their new album, entitled "Wonky," is coming out in early April.

Are they touring again? i saw them play the 40th anniversary of glasto and they said that was it and they only did it because it was a special occasion (that day was awesome as the orb played that day as well). Orbital headlining was fantastic, would like to see them again.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

So yeah Orbital to headline the big top at the last night of Bestival this year. That sounds amazing.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Mike_V posted:

lol if you think any more than a handful of people in this thread would want to see Theo Parrish.

He's no Theo Keating that's for sure.