Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
Any other Kraftwerk fans? I can't find any on the internet except in the comments of YouTube videos. Why don't you like Kraftwerk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

MrSargent posted:

Who doesn't like Kraftwerk? They were such a huge influence on so many genres of music. I really started getting into them when I found out how much influence they had on hip-hop, specifically producers like Dr. Dre, J Dilla, and Madlib.

I've got a few of their albums on vinyl including Electric Cafe, Computer World, Autobahn, and a compilation album. Still need to find Trans Europe Express!

Late 80s-2000 hip-hop is my favorite music so they've always been in the background, but the first time I heard them proper is when I was reading trivia about the old Mike Myers "Sprockets" sketch, how the theme song was "Electic Cafe" sped up lol

While I was binging on World of Warships a couple years ago I listened to their entire catalogue chronologically, and it's just great. The run of classic albums from Trans-Europe Express to Electric Cafe/Techno Pop is outstanding. The way they put emotion into primitive synthesizers is unique. Been listening to "Neon Lights" a lot lately. The Man Machine is in my top three favorite albums atm

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Kraftwerk owns. I was in the front row for one of their 3D shows almost exactly 2 years ago and it was a hell of a ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91VJ4JTTubk

Would love to go to one of their shows, seems like an experience