Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Feed Me and Ford Mustang are coming to town this week should I go (Y/N/Y WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?)

Popular recording artists Mead Fee and Ford Mustang lol

But seriously, it all depends on what you like. Those two are pretty polarizing among readers of this thread so people's answers are not necessarily going to reflect what it would actually be like for you. Some things to consider:

- Do you like their music and similar music?
- Do your friends like it?
- Will Feed Me have his Teeth light show?
- Do you like the idea of seeing Feed Me's music accompanied by a light show?
- What is the average college student like in your area? Not the kind who's into hip alternative music but the other kind. Do you enjoy their company?
- Is it expensive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

I know this kind of in-your-face 2008-style bloghouse is widely hated, but I have a soft spot it, so thanks for this. (Can you guess what year I was at the height of my interest in electronic dance music?) The drums and bass are pure Danger, the cathartic dance-your-rear end-off section starting at 3:00 (Hot Dance Moves!) is like something MSTRKRFT/Bag Raiders/Ocelot would do, and the vocals... well, I dunno, but I feel like there used to be a lot of obnoxious yelling and pitch-shifting circa 2008. There used to be way too much of this stuff, but now that it's declined in popularity (and been supplanted by in-your-face 2011-style Skrillex music), this track comes across as a welcome tribute to a bygone era. Is 2007-2008 long enough ago that it can be considered retro? Remember Ed Banger. Remember the Bloody Beetroots. Remember five years ago.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Duck Sauce, in the role they were born to play: blues-house pioneers.

I like it. I like the annoying lead synth, I like the vocal edits, I like the fact that it's a 12-bar blues, and I think it all fits together great.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Jesus Christ, you nerds. You don't need to "know what you're talking about" to use the word "boogie". Here, let me translate for you: He wasn't using "classic boogie" as a specific genre term. He was just calling Crydamoure "classic", which they are, and "boogie", which is what they make you want to do.

But yes, actual boogie music is the bee's knees.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Remember DANGER? He's back, with something that, uh, maybe takes itself a bit too seriously and has a silly-rear end video but it sounds pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Bj9j-IrS4

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003

Saucy Slit posted:

Most of you know this guy as the one vital half to Duck Sauce.

I bloody hope that's not how most of us know Armand van Helden. But I guess it's possible.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003

Blowdryer posted:

It's been a while since I've posted some stuff so here:

First is this little mess around minute long thing where I tried to make deep house in 3/4 time instead of 4/4 (lol), I like it enough though.
https://soundcloud.com/swanconnley/orange-crush-3-4

Nice. I've never heard house music in this meter before, but I think it works. It's got a solid, yet slightly off-kilter groove, and it's still recognizably "deep house". It would be fun to see some experienced house dancers interpret this.

Have you heard 7th Heaven by Kevin Yost? It's deep house in 7/4 and it's groovy/jazzy as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I09xKsL5rPQ

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003

Cyril Sneer posted:

The Young Punx - All These Things Are Gone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C22ldoluKA. This is really great. I love upbeat, danceable tunes that underneath it all are horribly depressing :)

Oh man this is great. This has got to be a reaction to all that #rememberthe90s pop-culture faux-nostalgia that's been so popular on the internet lately. I like how they've included not only mundane pop culture stuff, but also tragic losses, things we're glad to be rid of, and things from the narrator's personal life ("the way you used to look at me" oh my god...). It reminds me of this Zack Parsons article:

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/drive-ad-nauseam/

Especially relevant in a post that also refers to Anoraak, and to a song by Moullinex that contains the line "the world ended in the 80s" or something like that. I'd like to hear a song that's totally over-the-top Com Truise 80's worship, but which just bashes the 80's in its lyrics.

Hammsturabi fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
He might have printed it, and made it look well-used, just for this purpose. Pretty cool idea, either way. If you have a piano, you can preview the song!

Also, his profile picture on Twitter now says "Danger July 2013 - available on April 28th 2014" (which is Danger's typically confusing way of saying an album called "July 2013" will be available on April 28th).