Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!

melee beats posted:

when i first heard this on the radio i was thinking "how did uffie pull this off"

I thought the same thing too; on another note, I found out that Benny Blanco co-produced it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
lil jons been all over the place, doin dubstep tracks with diplo, electro-pop with nobodies.

has anyone heard dj hell and bryan ferry - u can dance? remixes are killller from carl craig x 2, and simian mobile disco.

definitely for a more mature listener

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1n5I-p5B2o

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Ronnie Spector posted:

Why have you not been thoroughly berated for this bullshit?

because the last thread was full of that poo poo, and honestly, so he made the assumption that Daft Punk were the first ones to do live PA when there were a ton of producers doin the same thing before them, just not as flashy.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Tualek posted:

Has anyone here seen Fake Blood live? God drat, I need to see that.

I saw him last Feburary in a club that fits 200 ppl at the most.

It was like Caligula up in that bitch.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Threatis posted:

that beer I'm drinking is the pabst of canada

I thought you enjoyed vodka!

good mix

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Slackerish posted:

you don't really have much of a place to talk about my music tastes.

With a Mars Volta avatar, I would wager that many people think that you shouldn't talk about music tastes.

That new Atrak joint is loving FIRE.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

b/c there is a lot of people who actually have listened to electronic music longer than Deadmau5 has been alive. Also, Zimmerman's attitude is pretty jerky, and his music imho (and what seems to be a lot of ppl online and in the clubs) consider most of his tracks are pretty much repetitive and forgettable.

It's just like with Tiesto fans in the first half of 2000s.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Tiesto just played here a month ago, and it was like kids I never knew who liked electronic jizzed their genitals over being one of 5000 people packed into a hall that fits 2500 max to dance while avoiding huge ed hardy chongos.

I'm taking my cuz to Coachella for his first music festival ever, and the first thing he told me was that he couldn't wait to see Tiesto and David Guetta. Considering that this dude listens to 2pac on repeat, it's easy to see how mainstreamed producers get a fierce and loyal following.

It's easy to say at 19 years old that electronic music nowadays revolves around rookie producers and bloghouse sensations.

I have been listening to electronic music ever since my older bro played me a classic acid house compilation in 92. Now I'm not saying that my taste is better than yours, but I will say that my experience (and those in this thread who have similar beginnings as mine into the genre) have taught me that latching onto every flash-in-the-pan producer or genre (HARD HOUSE ANYONE?) is a quick way to homogenize your personal taste.

look at Bassnectar. He started off playing hippie psytrance/breaks and now he's a dubstep dj? It's been 5 years since dubstep hit and honestly, people are gonna go back to regular dnb cuz if you've been to a bad dubstep show, it makes you beg for some original nuttah.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

everyone who got into electronic music in the last couple of years should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--pSWLEVGhY

use it as your base of foundation, and work your way up.

HOLY poo poo BINARY FINARY 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo77_oyKveU

ahahaha this takes me back.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Dude, you are loving stupid if you think people go to shows just to post how much they hated them on the forums. I never didn't said I went to Tiesto, but with the onslaught of facebook status updates I read when his date approached, I put two and two together.

and for the record, I've seen Tiesto in two different venues at two different times in his career, and I thought both were pedestrian at best. These included tiny club shows that fit 200 people and big gently caress-off festivals. He still played trance that peaked in 1999 and long-rear end buildups that stopped the flow of the set numerous occasions.

But will I be happy for my cuz who will get to see him for the first time? YES. But will I also shove drugs in his mouth an hour before Club 75 hits the decks FOX YES.

as for Bassnectar and followers of his music, I am living in pretty much the centre of Bassnectar fans in Canada. It all started with tree-dancing psy-hippies who play the worst loving trance ever, then BAM stoned wobble music is their bag, and it seems to me that he just followed the herd cuz I'm pretty sure I saw Bassnectar 4 years ago and there wasn't a loving dubstep track in that shizz.

When I started listening to electronic, I figured that I should go backwards and figure out how all of it started, and honestly, it gave me more appreciation of what was coming out.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

Electronica

loving stop using this term

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

As an informed music fan, I wouldn't want to use electronica in a sentence unless that sentence was "Electronica was a pretty retarded point in how major labels tried to ram everything with a boom tsk into one plain word and sell it off. You wouldn't put Spoon, Cat Stevens, Frank Zapper, and Buddy Holly into one genre?"

that being said, I hope the music labels can come out with something like Guitarica, so I can use it all the time to describe ZZ Top.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

gonna see those djs in a room that fits 300 people about a week later for 20 bux woo I love my city!

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

you should see the pee wee herman show there if you can.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

melee beats posted:

One of the best house songs ever :)

Aloud is one of the most underrated groups ever.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Usually I'm all for arguing but threatis is really on point with this. You know Snap's jock jam, I Got The Power? Same poo poo, different era. Plus that mike muvment track sounds like someone's stuck in 1996, learning nothing since then.

Aloud:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOsS2QbEMx8

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Police Academy 6 posted:

oh my god kill yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Hay, if there are any fellow promoters out there, I need some guidance. I have some influence over a local promoter here who's looking to blow some $$$ for some decent headlining djs for a festival in September.

holla at me, pm style, or get a hold of me through this thread. Thanks.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Furnace fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 7, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

well, where da poo poo where you? OFF DRINKING VODKA I IMAGINE.

some people might enjoy this:

INTRO: HOUSE PARTY
1. CARTE BLANCHE ‘Do! Do! Do!’
2. PAPERCLIP PEOPLE ‘Throw’
3. FARLEY JACKMASTER FUNK ‘Love Can’t Turn Around’ (Accapella)
4. INNER CITY ‘xxxxxx’
5. DAFT PUNK ‘Face To Face’ (Accapella)
6. LNR ‘You Can’t Stop The House’
7. HOT CITY ‘Hot City Bass’
8. BLAZE ‘Whatcha Gonna Do’
9. PUZIQUE ‘Don’t Go’
10. TODD TERRY ‘A Day In The Life’ (RITON “Feel It” Edit)
11. DEETRON ‘Life Soundtrack’
12. MIKE DUNN ‘Deep Down (The Underground)’
13. ARMANDO ‘Turn My poo poo Up’
14. HARDTON ‘Earthquake’
15. THE PERSUADER ‘Bottle Up’
16. DIRT CREW ‘Psycho’
17. MOKO ‘Acid On The Air’
18. JAN DRIVER ‘Tellyfoam’
19. MATTHEW DEAR ‘Dog Days’
20. ARMAND VAN HELDEN ‘Can U Feel It’
21. JOSH WINK ‘How’s The Music’
22. UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE ‘Timeline’
23. KIKOMOTO ALLSTARS ‘I’ll Make You Jack’
24. LAND SHARK ‘Tie Me Up’ (Chicken Lips Trax Dub)
25. DAN BLACK ‘Symphony’ (Hot City’ Remix)
26. CARTE BLANCHE ‘In The Mix’
27. CARTE BLANCHE ‘Gare Du Nord’
28. HIGH POWERED BOYS ‘Get Down’
29. PAUL JOHNSON ‘Get Get Down’ (RITON Edit)
30. ROYAL HOUSE ‘Yeah Buddy’
31. DJ JUKE ‘Blow Your Whistle’ (NY House Mix)
32. HARD DRIVE ‘Deep Inside’

http://djmehdi.coolcats.fr/2010/04/carte-blanche-house-party-mix/

Furnace fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 30, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

I doubt Threatis will be anywhere where Swedish House Mafia would be played out. Different scenes altogether.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Everyone in this thread should go out and get the new Optimo Espacio fabric mix. It is loving awesome and kicks out the motherfucking jams.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

edc looks like a bunch of people I would cross the street to avoid.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

het told me to edit my post but I honestly have no idea what a good post looks like, I apologize.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 12, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

where's that at?

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

LE0N posted:

Rainbow pub/warehouse , birmingham uk.
For tickets >>http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/buy_tickets/events/?id=10011534

Nice to see somewhere is putting on stuff like this when everywhere else is being shut down by he loving local council.

saaaaweeet I'm gonna be between Notts, Birm, and London this summer. Choice.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

a friend of mine just sent me this:

http://siliconeshelter.com/

THE XX vs ALAN FITZPATRICK & RESET ROBOT
"SILICONE SHELTER" (KING UNIQUE BOOTY)

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Trance = Bros.

Electro-house = Next-gen Bros.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

I really doubt there's a poster here who owns an Ed Hardy shirt.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

http://brodeep.tumblr.com/post/734949485/worlds-biggest-deadmau5-head-wow

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Oh, Zimmerman didnt get that made. LOCAL PROMOTERS IN MY TOWN DID.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Holy gently caress, have you seen some of the EDC footage on youtube of the loving BRILLIANT fence rushing?

warning, there is some bloodcurdling screaming that eventually gets bloody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IiMAu9qaZE

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Ive seen MIA, NERD, and CC separately, let alone TOGETHER on ONE night. That lineup would melt your loving face off, then I dont know what to say because between those three bands, you've got 8 or 9 albums of material that they can pull from. I swear to God you big city folk are loving spoiled beyond belief. (I'm not hating, just jealous that LA has so many loving awesome shows all the time. I JUST WANNA SEE SOULWAX ONCE FOR CHRISTS SAKE.)

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Sorry, Viper, I know you're a Sunny dude, and I like that, but you were loving out to lunch on that one. Crystal Castles is bigger than MIA and NERD? Were you not around in Summer of 2007? Did you not hear Paper Planes every 5 seconds? Pharrell, dude? C'mon man, were you in a 6 year coma from 2000-2006 before you saw Daft Punk? I know you have your differences with Threatis, but seriously bro, saying that CC is bigger than MIA/NERD is like saying Kid 606 is bigger than David Guetta.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Overhead at Coachella: Four LA girls talking about the best acts at Coach 10...

Girl 1: "SO we are in agreement that David Guetta, Deadmau5, and Benny Benassi were the best acts we saw this weekend?"

Girl 2: "Put Gorillaz down too, they're my favorite and they were awesome!"

Girl 1: "Are you loving seriously? They suck."

Girl 3: "Yeah, they're poo poo."

Girl 2: "Oh, sorry."

In 2010, Benny Benassi is still riding hard because of Satisfaction. This blows my loving mind.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Threatis posted:

a song his brother allegedly produced

I could not be madder at the entire world.

And if LA ravers (I cannot believe I just typed that) arent into MIA then they seriously need to check their steeze in a major lazer way.

Less electronica, more hip-hop sounding? Die Antwoord? Diplo? Cmon bro.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

incoherent posted:

NERD is boring live. MIA is terrible live.

You could not be further from the truth. NERD kills it with two drummers, loving Hugo, the mentalist know as Shad, and Skateboard P is a loving beast onstage.

The two times Ive seen MIA were loving amazing. I saw her in an half-empty arena when she opened for Gwen Stefani, and that was pretty incredible considering 20 people knew who she was then.

Then I saw her headline at Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver (2000 ppl) and she loving SLAYED. Still one of the best club shows I've ever seen.

You have to give rappers (without a live band) a break considering they dont have that many people to play off of onstage. Honestly, I would take a mediocre MIA show over a dj anyday. ALSO, LA MUSIC FANS ARE SPOILED THE gently caress ROTTEN.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Is d5 a furry or does his neck tat mean he's a bear/cub chaser?

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Goodpart posted:

I'm looking to expand my catalog a bit and have come here for some sagely wisdom. Would have asked in the recommendation thread but I remember when this used to be the Danger thread and got sidetracked into general electro discussion. Keep the spirit alive!

My loves right now are things like Skatesteak by Mr Oizo, Everything Louder Then Everything Else and Love Juice by Symbolone, Kap10kurt's Mission Complete, and yeah, pretty much anything by Danger is a given.

Can anyone suggest similar artists/tracks to the above? I absolutely love those tracks but trying to fish through all the stuff that's out there to find what I like, given that I know gently caress all about electro/house, is impossible. :(

Go with labels rather than artists at this point b/c you'll have more luck finding artists that way rather than someone telling you about a shitload of kitsune or banger artists then realizing that reading up on a label you've saved you time in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Viper, you're fighting a losing battle. I saw me some deadmau5 fans lineup both at coachella and at a loving mall, I swear the average age was 17 for each lineup. And I'm not sure but when I was 17, I'm pretty sure I listened to some very loving entry level music. No wait, I liked rephlex and gabber. I saw d5 on his ustream and it was like he was doing some nursery rhyme poo poo on a megasynth that was only funded by kids who think d5 is the peak of music. You could go blue in the face for stanning d5 but at the end of the day, there are producers who loathe him and the kind of crowds he brings into the scene. But alas, what else are new and uninformed people who still think electronica is a genre, and not a word that record execs created so they could sell more chem bros albums in 97, what are can they listen to? Aphex twin and New Order?