Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
10 people just died at Love Parade Berlin.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38393674

thanks a lot diplo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
The Dutch loses the world cup, God hates trance.

10 dead at the Love Parade, God hates techno.

What next? Floods destroy Baltimore, God hates Bmore?

Also, you need to get a pic of Wes holding a "You're welcome" sign.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Check out DVAS and their new single, Society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tlYAgeqh_E

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Yah it's super sad....that it didn't happen at EDC oOooooOooOoooo jk it's a tragedy.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Major Lazer x Beats by Dre

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

I dunno if it was them or the crowd or what

Dude, I'm pretty sure it was the crowd. I saw them twice in 2007. First time was about six months before Cross came out and they dj'd with Busy P, So Me, and Mehdi, and it was retarded.

Then again in October 07, it was literally 2000 people rammed in the Commodore Ballroom and it was insanity. The more that LA people post their opinions in this thread, the more I'm convinced that LA crowds loving suck. Numerous parties I've been to has only reaffirmed this notion.

I for one look forward to any new stuff on Banger, especially this new Squarepusher track.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

My theory? Viper and his pals probably have very basic and introductory tastes in electronic. Their tastes are fleeting in the sense that they like the artist du jour. 2006 was daft punk, 07 was Justice, 08 and onwards has been Deadmau5 with a smattering of Benassi, Tiesto, and Guetta, I imagine.

Not hating on you, Viper, but the more you post, the more it's evident (to me at least) that you come from a narrow point of view when it comes to music and its standing in the populous.

It's like that dude in the Love Parade thread in GBS who said "techno peaked with Kraftwerk."

EDIT: SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA

DOUBLE EDIT: Atrak literally just tweeted this: "Every time I stay at a hotel in Hollywood on a weekend I hear Dutch house playing outside."

I love being from Montreal.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

I honestly think we've gotten passed the whole D5 "I HATE HIM/I LOVE HIM" phase. That being said.....

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Mike_V posted:

I saw Justice do a DJ set in Chicago New Years Eve 2008 and I thought it was a pretty uninspired set. But, to be fair, bloghouse isn't really my thing and there weren't very many people over 21 at the venue it seemed like (no lines at any of the bars).

Granted, by the end of 2008, Justice were playing a lot of their tracks for nearly two years. I would be tired of that poo poo too.

And Viper, if you dont like this thread, go make the deadmau5 thread you've always wanted and sperg over in that, you petulant little loving flake douche.

edit: loving the mix so far, Kerk.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Holy poo poo, The Count and Sinden feat. Mystery Jets - After Dark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs9vRtZsMz0

loving TUNE.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

I thought acid house was gonna be the new bloghouse trend, but now I guess it's disco. :)

loving tune, though

I thought about you as soon as I saw CRABCORE.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

as if it couldnt get any better

Buraka Som Sistema on the remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzvRkVU6qA

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

It's funny but all the hipsterati I know and associate with have been deep into EDM for at least 10 years, and all they've been doing is following trends from acid house to London hardcore to big beat to big shiny house legends like AVH to current targets such as electrohouse and dubstep, and what we've gathered is that people who seemingly use hipsters as a scapegoat are usually knee-deep into the same artists as the ones they defile with their social slurs.

That being said, deadmau5 collapsed in DC at 930 club and is currently hospitalized. No matter how much I hate on an artist, I'm not one to wish anything like this upon them...even with this rat.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

The current emergence in the scene in Kelowna can be attributed, literally, to my friend who moved there 3years ago to expand his promotion team that has been kicking rear end in Etown for nearly a decade, I poo poo you not. AL-P will be good and worth seeing. Connected shows (with flipside prod.) are usually worth seeing.

On another note, how the gently caress can you justify being an snobby rear end in a top hat when you live in loving NEWFOUNDLAND? that's just loving absurd.

Then again being a snob in Edmonton isn't that far off but man, when you're being picky at least being in Van or Toronto makes sense.

I like how hipster gets thrown around as a cussword when really, it's just newer way to describe people who like to be on the bleeding edge of emerging trends.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

VenomHowell posted:

I don't see what being from Newfoundland has to do with anything. Are you suggesting people from Newfoundland are lesser than people from mainland North America or something?

I just don't think NFLDers should be so elitist considering that they probably don't get a lot of shows their way.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

VenomHowell posted:

Considering we tend to eat up whatever acts come our way because of this, I doubt we're elitist.

I was talking about snobby assholes you labelled glorified hipsters.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Im just tired of people throwing out "hipster" as a derogatory term. I know people who, if they read this thread, would call every one of us who've posted music or links in this thread as such.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Its like that accordion track that's out right now. A catchy old sample with some synth stabs and tweaks and boom! you have the makings of a crossover hit. It's harmless yet kinda forgettable, imho.

In other news, I showed some of my older family members an iPhoto slideshow of my recent trip to Barcelona, and couldnt find anything for music that would fit so I just threw on The Field, and I'll be damned if I didnt see a group of East Indian uncles and aunties tapping their toes and patting their hands to the beat.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

depends on what you like, considering that a lot of them run the spectrum from house to minimal to breaks to jungle.

my personal faves are spank rock (the bootleg FABRICDEAD is legendary), atrak, robert hood, akufen, tiefschwarz, optimo (espacio), ricardo villalobos, dj craze, and diplo.

Furnace fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 17, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

of all the ____ van ____ dj's, doorn is my favorite next to Helden

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

8 years ago, I wouldve agreed but Helden owns on everyone (and will do for all time)

Furnace fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 18, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Police Academy 6 posted:

holden > helden

explain, now.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

I don't feel tardy!

http://soundcloud.com/hot-pink-delorean/van-halen-hot-for-teacher-hot-pink-delorean-remix

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Vernacular posted:

so die antwoord is gonna perform live with aphex twin at the L.E.D. festival next weekend...that's the coolest poo poo i've ever heard in my life

I'm so loving pissed. I left LDN on Tuesday, and tried to extend my vacay to include LED. FUCCKKKKKK, also, welcome back to the thread, viper.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

MzKzM posted:

not together, are they? where have you read that?

it was on pitchfork yesterday, and die antwoord twittered about it, and Interscope confirmed it.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

I went to some 'new' club here the other night, and the group of bro-djs behind the decks were so ADD that they couldn't let a track play for more than 90 seconds before trainwrecking into a middle of a new track. Oh kids these days.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

That video was pretty epic.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

I have watched the Barbara Streisand video 50 times I think.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Holy gently caress, its been announced that Deadmau5 is playing my city on NYE.

It's gonna be raining mau5jizz for the next 2 months.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Yeah, but it's gonna be at the most Jersey Shore mega-bar here. I went to see Diplo there in the spring, and it was like fist-pumpers anonymous there.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

dude, I tried to see him but it sold out so quick here.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Barely 400 people for Diplo, 2000+ for Pauly D, d5 plays here THREE times THIS year, including this year's biggest NYE party that everyone is jerking themselves off to. Smdh.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

How the gently caress did you go from fist pumping to Castlevania? THERE IS NO loving LINK.

Also, the video for Diplo and Lunice's remix of Deerhunter's Helicopter is out. It's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD1B6FDuunQ

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Oh yah, totally, I don't know how I could've missed that.

Erol Alkan reworks MGMT's Congratulations.

http://tinyurl.com/296vbty

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

from Busy P:

BUSY P TONIGHT! Oct 28th

HIRO BALLROOM, NEW YORK CITY

10pm-11:30pm Alex English
11:30pm-00:30am Nick Catchdubs
00:30am-1:30am Philippe Zdar
1:30am-3am Busy P
3am-4am Brodisnki

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

There is literally a French speaking area of Canada. Comparing French-Canadians to Italian-Americans is not on the same level. Once there are language laws like in Quebec, then you can talk about geographical bullshit and cultural heritage.

Furnace fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 30, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

I was born in Montreal and lived there, so I think I know a thing or two about French Canadian and their loving ROOTS. Threatis literally lives 5 minutes away from Quebec, so yeah, we don't know a single Goddamned thing about it.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

fuccccccckkkkkk my friends are throwing skrillex, deadmau5 and some other dutch yahoo for nye smdh

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

If you ever listened to any of Threatis' mixes, you would know that he's got this dj'ing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

ugh x infinity.

In other news, Cut Copy announced the release of their new album in February.

http://www.nme.com/news/cut-copy/53687