Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saeal
Aug 30, 2004

Salute to the flying fish brigade.
Been lurking for a while, glad someone finally brought up The Reeling remix by Yasutaka Nakata. I think that remix is one of his bests considering the fact some of his recent stuff is more pop (I'm talking about you, Perfume.)

For those who aren't familiar with Nakata's work I highly recommend it if you're into Shinichi Osawa. Nakata produced Japan's popular technopop girl-group :puke: Perfume which some people say it's today's Yellow Magic Orchestra. Personally, Perfume is way too typical J-Pop oriented and I prefer his remixes better. Worth a look if you don't mind happy technopop/synthpop with auto-tuned vocals though. He also has his own duo project named Capsule, which has shifted towards electrohouse.

Perfume - NIGHT FLIGHT
capsule - Jelly
capsule - Jumper
capsule - e.d.i.t.
capsule x Daft Punk x Beastie Boys - Starry Sky (YEAH! Remix)

The last one is a mashup obviously and even though I usually do not care for mashups this is an exception. Also NIGHT FLIGHT is probably the only Perfume song I can like. Love the Yellow Magic Orchestra undertones in it (Rydeen and Technopolis.)

saeal fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 31, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU