Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man vs Child posted:

I hope he means Digitalism because there is no way that could apply to Shinichi!

Shinichi Osawa is one of my favourite producers. He is huge in japan and asia along with a lot of other asian electro acts (80kidz, Q;indivi, etc) and has such a great style.

Everything he's done lately has been great. I took this La Roux remix from his Sounds of Summer 09 mix because it isn't available anywhere else to listen to, it's an easy going guitar mix that is nothing like his other work.

However, some of the more recent stuff he's been doing includes being on the HOUSE*DISNEY (amazing compilation by the way) and collaborating with his good friends The Young Punx, which can be seen here The Young Punx - "Rock Star (Understand)" [Shinichi Osawa Remix] (Asian Kung-Fu Generation)
Other than that, his LP from lastyear, The One and it's sequential remix album The One+ is absolutely loving stellar and textbook electro for those looking to get their moves on. His Star Guitar remix is probably the his most well known work here stateside.

Edit: Every 4-7 days I cull all the tracks that were posted during the week on blogs and aggregate them to my youtube account and blog, so if you're looking for a direct supply of bangers' then head on over to https://www.curbcheckyouhavethecon.blogspot.com to get your listening on. It will be better than having me dump 18 youtube links in to the thread.
Yeah I was gonna post that I really like his remixes, I haven't really been following him since he released The One, the Digitalism remix and this Felix Da Housecat remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHFcYLNbSE

I do know though that there was a collaboration under the name of RAVEX that he's part of, it's not entirely him (Fantastic Plastic Machine and m-Flo are the 2 other DJs, it's one project not each one contributing their own songs) it's quite poppy though, Worth a look if you're a diehard fan regardless.

That House Disney has some The Lowbrows and Fantastic Plastic Machine on it too actually, completely unexpected compilation I have to check it out.

Edit: Ended up not liking those tracks :I FPM has a really distinctive upbeat retro sound and it's just too much over a Disney song which is going for that anyway, and The Lowbrows' one sounds like they had an unused track, layered some vocals on top and called it a remix. It gets really good at parts but for me the vocals are just killing it

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 14, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU