Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I was sorta wondering how much chatter was going on in these forums about Caravan Palace and saw there was... none in the past couple pages of this thread so I planned on asking how their live shows are (they seem... meh, judging from videos and what I like in their music) and just generally hype up the new album at the end of the month because they're probably the only musical artist from which I've actually enjoyed every song on every album.

Then I realized... my time would be better spent uploading some tracks I have from 2001 from an artist who wouldn't respond when I asked him "hey, are these released anywhere" and "hey, would you mind if I post these on the Internet since I think they're good and I can't find them released anywhere." I went to his Reddit and asked around and people were just like "JUST POST THE MP3 LINKS" and I kinda blue balled them and forgot. But not before posting tiny clips and discovering they couldn't identify a single song.

So I'll exclusively post them here! Stop me if you've heard this before, but before deadmau5 was deadmau5, he was at some point Halcyon441, working with others on an exclusively flash-based website called XeoFreeStyle.com trying to get work as... a flash-based website designer. I loved this website and it felt like the real future of the Internet. 18 years later, Flash is dead, the future of the Internet is a dumb Squarespace template optimized for mobile, and deadmau5 is... well... whatever he is now. Perhaps heading back to the halcyon (I'm so sorry) days of 2001 is for the best.

I have in my possession 7 tracks lifted from Halcyon441's 2001 webpage that cannot, as far as I know, be found anywhere else on the Internet. These tracks are all rather experimental, have obvious beats (hope you like the Amen Break) and effects, but show what a growing electronica artist had going through his head at the infancy of his craft. I think these tracks are all pretty entertaining and I hope you all enjoy them as well. I'll post them slowly so as not to seem like I'm dumping my favorite music... it's not my favorite, it's just lost to time. Plus, by finally posting these to YouTube, I can see if their ContentID system picks them up, which indicates Joel does, in fact, consider these songs somehow important.

First up is Drifting Away. I don't have much to say about this track. It's a lot of typical stuff thrown together to coalesce into a rather groovy, chill mood beat. Shazam has no idea what this is (this is important to know for upcoming tracks.) I think it's nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acc-7_HXugY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Well I didn't realize just how dead of a thread this was when I found it so other than effort-posting into the abyss, the latest Caravan Palace album is out. Not the best (they're mastering and focusing a little too heavy on hip-hop vocals for my liking) but definitely full of the good poo poo. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMEOLAYxGgstLEUGRx8kCF15EFBG5M95X