Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Really Big Shoe posted:

I would gladly accept an invite for this! robpettinato at gmail dot com. Thanks!

You're all set, and I'm all out :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Really Big Shoe
Sep 11, 2001

HEY HOW DID THIS SHOE GET ON MY LAP ITS SO BIG OH GOD SEND HELP

Abbeh posted:

You're all set, and I'm all out :D

Yay! Thanks!

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Can I get an invite if anyone can spare one! suran37 at hotmail dot com

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Really Big Shoe posted:

I would gladly accept an invite for this! robpettinato at gmail dot com. Thanks!

It said your email is already registered as a creator.

This, however,

HolyJewsus posted:

hey guys, all my invites are gone, gave them to merry goons!

but

just found out a friend of mine is involved with a urban park design and building, I would love another one for him if anyone has one left, and I'll be sure to post the other invites back in here,

his email is ralph.xu@gmail.com

thanks

worked.

Still got three if anyone needs one.

EDIT: Holy fast moving thread from outta nowhere!

Suran37 posted:

Can I get an invite if anyone can spare one! suran37 at hotmail dot com

Done!

Lanth fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 19, 2010

Really Big Shoe
Sep 11, 2001

Hey guys, I've finished creating my cause. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robpettinato/philos-anthropos-a-written-study-about-everyone-0 . Lets hope this works!

thingfromtheswamp
Feb 25, 2009
Not my project, but hope this gets off the ground. It's for a board game.
Only asking for $300. I'm a $25 pledger.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robotviking/project-death-race-full-beta-release

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Added both of yours to the OP! Glad to see you've already got a bunch of contributors! Let's keep this going!

Meefy Bread
Apr 4, 2005

lol i can cast spells
Any more invites floating around? Just discovered this site today and would love to hop on board.

gmail account: [e: Thanks for the invite! I've now got 5 to give if anyone needs one].

Thanks!

Meefy Bread fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 23, 2010

Really Big Shoe
Sep 11, 2001

ExtraNoise posted:

Added both of yours to the OP! Glad to see you've already got a bunch of contributors! Let's keep this going!

Yeah, no kidding! 315 dollars in less than 3 days is nothing to scoff at. Lets hope I can reach 4300 though!

jonboy8871
Sep 25, 2003
What the deuce?

I'd love an invite to this if anyone's got one:

removed email

jonboy8871 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 24, 2010

PeterLeb
Apr 3, 2007
I will be calmer than cream, making maps out of your dreams.
I'd love a invite if there are any more kicking around.

peter.leb.white at googlemail.com

Thanks!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

jonboy8871 posted:

I'd love an invite to this if anyone's got one:

perryherald at bellsouth dot net

sent :)

Eco RI
Nov 5, 2008

NOM NOM NOM OM NOM

I'm trying to get a sustainable wine label started. I would love an invite.

kweichold at gmail dot com

jonboy8871
Sep 25, 2003
What the deuce?

e: ^^^^^^ gotcha.

Gaspy Conana posted:

sent :)

Thanks!

jonboy8871 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 24, 2010

Eco RI
Nov 5, 2008

NOM NOM NOM OM NOM

jonboy8871 posted:

e: ^^^^^^ gotcha.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for this!

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

The kind folks at Kickstarter gave me an additional 10 invites for being so cool (:c00l:) so I'd be happy to start distributing more here in the thread.

Anyone want to kick me a couple bucks on my project? ;)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/jay-tholen-to-record-sermon-his-first-studio-lp

There she blows. There's even a little clip of a minigame from the next Dropsy thread. :) Tried to make it as entertaining as possible.

I'm waiting until Dropsy gets posted before I make a GBS thread. I'd be skewered if I didn't.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Updated the OP and donated to the cause. :)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

ExtraNoise posted:

Updated the OP and donated to the cause. :)

Woo, thanks! :)

PS - Pastel White, Sumatra Green, and Enzian Blue please! :P

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 27, 2010

Pezz3D
Jun 4, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Gaspy Conana posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/jay-tholen-to-record-sermon-his-first-studio-lp

There she blows. There's even a little clip of a minigame from the next Dropsy thread. :) Tried to make it as entertaining as possible.

I'm waiting until Dropsy gets posted before I make a GBS thread. I'd be skewered if I didn't.

Seriously awesome. I'll try my best to donate sometime next week. Your video had me rolling. Music is epic as well.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Just wanted to let everyone know that Twitter is actually pretty useful for Kickstarter. I have my doubts about Twitter but it really pulled through today when a blogger selected my project as the "Project of the Week" for his blog. From there it was retweeted a few times.

I was so excited I retweeted it myself and then it was re-retweeted (is that a thing?) by a VW dealership in Seattle.

Good stuff, Twitter is.

spicybackpain
Mar 4, 2010
Does anyone know if Kickstarter plans on allowing Non-US projects soon?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

drat it this is a great concept and site but it's for US ideas only, wish they had one for AUS. thanks though OP.

northerain
Apr 8, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Are there any invites still kicking around?

duh email: northerain at gmail.com

northerain fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 27, 2010

Bradzor
Mar 18, 2007
Fwhaa?
I'd love an invite if someone had one! its my username at gmail . com. thank you so much!!

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
I have a big project brewing that this would be perfect for. If there are still invites to go around, please share the opportunity!

Thanks ExtraNoise! It'll take awhile still for me to get my project up and running, but I'll payback a couple invites if people request them.

JMBosch fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 31, 2010

BMoves
Feb 27, 2007
So glad you shared..
Grimey Drawer
I'd be interested in an invite if one is still available. I've got a few things I'm working on and it would be neat to get one on there.

PM me is best to get in contact or removed

.EDIT.

Thank you!

BMoves fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 31, 2010

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

My project is down to the last three days with only $90 left. It looks like (hopefully) I will make it. Pretty exciting, I had no idea how it would do when I started!

Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66215766/saving-a-piece-of-1972-0

Have any of you other goons started anything yet? I still have six invites for anyone interested.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

ExtraNoise posted:

Have any of you other goons started anything yet? I still have six invites for anyone interested.

It's been awhile since anyone posted in this thread, so I don't know if you've any invites left, or if anyone has one, but if I could get one, I'd certainly appreciate it. Looking to get a few bucks together for a film project later this year. My email is below. Thanks!

astockwell83 at gmail dot com.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
ExtraNoise, congratulations on getting your funding.

olblue
Nov 9, 2003

...lets go exploring!
Fallen Rib
Id love an invite if any are going to archaosus@hotmail.com

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Thompson and olblue - your invites are on their way! Sorry for the delay in seeing this thread!

ODC posted:

ExtraNoise, congratulations on getting your funding.

Thanks, ODC. :)

olblue
Nov 9, 2003

...lets go exploring!
Fallen Rib

ExtraNoise posted:

Thompson and olblue - your invites are on their way! Sorry for the delay in seeing this thread!

Thanks!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

ExtraNoise posted:

Just got it today. Thanks very much!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
From reading the thread it seems Canadians might need to be a little inventive...? But if anyone's kind enough to chip an invite my way I'd like to dive in with my conceptual MIDI guitar experiment and see what happens.

handenbramilton *at* gmail *dot* com

Thanks!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Well, my last project was a dismal failure, so let's see if I can do better with this one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecreamy/life-in-the-rust-belt-a-story-of-decay-in-photogra

Pezz3D
Jun 4, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I guess I'm a bit weary of committing myself to writing up a presentable blurb about the project I have in mind but I wanted to see if I could run my idea by you guys first and maybe get a couple answers to some questions I have. As it's unoriginal and people are doing it already I'm not too worried about someone "stealing it."

Basically I would like to self publish, I guess, a book of a large collection of my moleskine sketchbook paintings/drawings which you can check out a few of at http://pezzz.tumblr.com . I looked around at the other ideas asking for funding right now and the ones who were successful and I'm not quite sure if mine is well up to snuff.

What I'm also wondering is how do I go about estimating the amount of money it would take to do something like this. It seems as if others are quoting it at $3k in backing needed but I have no clue were they're getting this number. I can estimate the cost in supplies and such but I'm lost otherwise.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Pezz3D posted:

I guess I'm a bit weary of committing myself to writing up a presentable blurb about the project I have in mind but I wanted to see if I could run my idea by you guys first and maybe get a couple answers to some questions I have. As it's unoriginal and people are doing it already I'm not too worried about someone "stealing it."

Basically I would like to self publish, I guess, a book of a large collection of my moleskine sketchbook paintings/drawings which you can check out a few of at http://pezzz.tumblr.com . I looked around at the other ideas asking for funding right now and the ones who were successful and I'm not quite sure if mine is well up to snuff.

What I'm also wondering is how do I go about estimating the amount of money it would take to do something like this. It seems as if others are quoting it at $3k in backing needed but I have no clue were they're getting this number. I can estimate the cost in supplies and such but I'm lost otherwise.

First of all, this is awesome. It would make for a great project that is bound to get a good following.

As for the expense, I'm not sure where that's derived from. I think people doing similar things are probably just making it up. As for me, I would gather a basic set of cost it would take and then add 20% for unexpected expenses.

With Kickstarter, it seems lower the better. Sometimes they really take off, though, especially if you can get some support from the Kickstarter guys on Twitter or being featured on the homepage.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Here is my project in case any of you wonderful people are feeling generous.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/817954091/the-worm-stained-black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm currently backing what looks to be an awesome sci-fi short film called HENRI 2.0. I'm feeling confident it will reach its goal, but if you want to help them out and get your hands on the backer swag, check it out, especially their blog with some great teasers.