Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

If people are still handing out invites, would someone mind kicking one to hbomberguy at gmail dot com? Thanks very much! The all-or-nothing approach adds a very tense element to the whole process and makes it very hard to resist trying for a goal.

Hbomberguy fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Hbomberguy posted:

If people are still handing out invites, would someone mind kicking one to hbomberguy at gmail dot com? Thanks very much! The all-or-nothing approach adds a very tense element to the whole process and makes it very hard to resist trying for a goal.

Take a peek in your inbox fine goon.

Edit: Not sure if it's really good form here to post my project a second time, but we're down to six days and only need $270 to meet the goal. Just thought it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there one more time since it's so close to being funded.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/817954091/the-worm-stained-black

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 9, 2010

Gossamer
Dec 13, 2006
We all enter the world screaming and covered in blood. The fun doesn't have to end there...
Also looking for an invite here to get my independent film funded. Thanks in advance to anyone who can spare one. This is such a great site. Now back to budgeting...

Here's a teaser to look at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0wfP2INlUA

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I can send you an invite but need your email to do so. Also, I liked the trailer, but you had a lot of clipping going on with the sound, though I'm guessing you'll keep an ear out for that in the final product.

Gossamer
Dec 13, 2006
We all enter the world screaming and covered in blood. The fun doesn't have to end there...

Detective Thompson posted:

I can send you an invite but need your email to do so. Also, I liked the trailer, but you had a lot of clipping going on with the sound, though I'm guessing you'll keep an ear out for that in the final product.

Hey it says you aren't accepting private messages, but i added my email to my profile. Thanks.

Yeah something weird happened with certain levels i boosted thatvwere fine within Final Cut, but then I guess Youtube's uploader didn't like and it started doing that clipping. I'll get around to fixing it soon. I swear to god, I've never had a trouble free upload to Youtube, there's always some pain in the rear end problem.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Invite's away, my friend.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Set up a Kickstarter campaign a little over a week ago to help fund a feature film I'm making. I was inspired to set one up by my friend, colleague, and fellow goon Josh Bernhard, who used Kickstarter to help fund his Pioneer One pilot. Being that the film I'm making is very low budget (way lower than what he shot his pilot on) I couldn't exactly afford to not meet my goal, so I set it my goal pretty small ($350) and set the campaign for the longest amount of time I could, which was 90 days. I figured I'd meet my goal in 30-60 days, and maybe barely exceed it by the time the campaign elapsed.

To my surprise, in less than 12 hours, I had exceeded my goal!

I'm currently at $376, and I'm elated. This money is very much needed, as I've been funding this all out of my own pocket, my cast/crew working entirely for free. If any of you are considering setting up a Kickstarter campaign for a project of yours, DO IT. This website is amazing, and I am very, very grateful for it!

If you'd like to check out my Kickstarter page, you can view it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/256549066/350-to-help-make-an-individualist-film-rather-than
If any of you feel like donating, I'm offering some great rewards for doing so. For instance, even if you only donate ONE dollar, you will be credited as a Kickstarter backer in the credits.

Marxist Glue
Jan 12, 2007

GLUE GLUEEEEE GLUUUUUUEEE, Karl Marx! GLUUUEEE GLUE GLLLUUUUUEEEEEE!!!!
Guess what, goons? Kickstarter e-mailed me with invites!

So I'm available again to give some to any goon that would like to create a project on Kickstarter.

I have :siren: NO MORE INVITE :siren: left

Marxist Glue fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 23, 2010

TheColorBlue
Nov 8, 2004

All you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

John Adams posted:

Guess what, goons? Kickstarter e-mailed me with :siren: 5 MORE INVITES :siren:

So I'm available again to give some to any goon that would like to create a project on Kickstarter.

inthezone12@hotmail.com

Marxist Glue
Jan 12, 2007

TheColorBlue posted:

inthezone12@hotmail.com

Invite away! If you get any invites, be sure to come back to this thread and help any others that need them too.

Shalrath
May 25, 2001

by elpintogrande
Say, anyone think this project could do well with a kickstarter entry?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Shalrath posted:

Say, anyone think this project could do well with a kickstarter entry?

It's unique enough an idea that I'm very sure they'll approve it! Just make sure you have a way to promote it, and can roll out the promotion the second you get the site up. I haven't received any donations from Kickstarter browsers. Also don't set your goal amount too high. Figure out what you need and cut that in half, or even a third, because you really don't wanna get most of the way there, have the campaign end, and get no money at all. Also figure out a lot of cool rewards.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 14, 2010

Shalrath
May 25, 2001

by elpintogrande

codyclarke posted:

It's unique enough an idea that I'm very sure they'll approve it! Just make sure you have a way to promote it, and can roll out the promotion the second you get the site up. I haven't received any donations from Kickstarter browsers. Also don't set your goal amount too half. Figure out what you need, and cut that in half, or even a third, because you really don't wanna get most of the way there, have the campaign end, and get no money at all. Also figure out a lot of cool rewards.

Ah, do we still need invites to post on there?

It's hard to think of rewards - although we might offer some replicas of the OSM mascot: Moonypig

Or perhaps I could ask the team at Copenhagen Suborbitals to make a batch of signed photographs, heh.

I'd probably keep donation amounts low - ie, 2-20$. I'd also let people know that there's a good chance that a 30 dollar donation might be more than the portion of their taxes that goes to NASA each year.

Shalrath
May 25, 2001

by elpintogrande
Actually.. Copenhagen Suboribtals has a pretty huge cafepress page. I asked them if they'd be interested in honoring "a coupon for any one of the items in this price range" for rewards on a kickstarter project.

http://www.cafepress.com/copsub

(If anyone's interested, the OSM has started a bit of fundraising already - with about 260$ raised in the last two days. GJ Goons.)

ps. Here's what we could have been spending on space, at the expense of a particular item purchased from a particular restaurant, if you were particularly hungry:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
You know, if I wasn't a broke-rear end college-bound adult, I'd be all over tossing money into that. I may anyway, depending on how empty my checking account gets when tuition gets paid. I want to step on Mars, drat it!

Would there be anything else I can do to help instead of moneys? I'm not a rocket scientist or anything, just a science nerd that likes space.

I'm sewage flavored.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

If invites are still being given out, this seems like a dream come true for all the projects i've wanted
to do but never had the funds! Including one right now for an art zine on drawings related to peoples dreams :D
email is vipond.t AT gmail DOT com if anyone wants to be generous :)

EDIT: Spelling.

Claes Oldenburger fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 17, 2010

Shalrath
May 25, 2001

by elpintogrande

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You know, if I wasn't a broke-rear end college-bound adult, I'd be all over tossing money into that. I may anyway, depending on how empty my checking account gets when tuition gets paid. I want to step on Mars, drat it!

Would there be anything else I can do to help instead of moneys? I'm not a rocket scientist or anything, just a science nerd that likes space.

The OSM aims to have something for everyone, not just "rocket scientists". Otherwise, it would be like saying that every computer programmer is out there to just write their own operating system.

We're more concerned with inventing the stuff that goes on the top of the rocket, rather than the rocket itself.

Take a look at that whole thread. This project has nothing to do with space elevator circle jerking and NASA cheerleading. Rather, we're focusing on people; getting them interested, educated, and organized behind a public venture. That has the potential to steamroll over the cumulative efforts of any space agency or private space company to date, and that is why we don't depend on the mercy of NASA's budget, or buying tickets from Virgin Galactic.

The only entity large enough to afford the colonization of space is the public itself.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
I may be interested in using this to gain some funds for my senior graduation film.

Would anyone happen to have an extra invite on them they could toss my way?

Marxist Glue
Jan 12, 2007

Fiction D posted:

I may be interested in using this to gain some funds for my senior graduation film.

Would anyone happen to have an extra invite on them they could toss my way?

I've still got 4 more, as you can read from my post, but I do need your e-mail address! If you don't feel comfortable posting it on the forums, you can PM me.

ilikechapstick
Jun 17, 2007

very, very notorious.
I'd love an invite!

dmackerman@gmail.com

Hyphy Jamboree
Jun 5, 2003

Gay for Vonnegut
I would love an invite if any are still available!

ablerav@gmail.com

Marxist Glue
Jan 12, 2007

ilikechapstick posted:

I'd love an invite!

dmackerman@gmail.com

Hyphy Jamboree posted:

I would love an invite if any are still available!

ablerav@gmail.com

Invites sent! Come back to the thread if you get invites so you can spread the invites like herpes!

Shalrath
May 25, 2001

by elpintogrande
I'll take an invite if someone has one left. I mean, who doesn't like manned space exploitation :)

shalrath239@gmail.com

Marxist Glue
Jan 12, 2007

Shalrath posted:

I'll take an invite if someone has one left. I mean, who doesn't like manned space exploitation :)

shalrath239@gmail.com

Of course I'll hook my OSM buddy out!

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.
An invite to would be much appreciated to anyone who has spares, cheers.

fronkpies fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 23, 2010

Marxist Glue
Jan 12, 2007

fronkpies posted:

An invite to chrisdhegarty@gmail.com would be much appreciated to anyone who has spares, cheers.

Just sent you my last invite!

If any of you who I sent invites to have invites, make sure to come back and help out others that need them.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

John Adams posted:

Just sent you my last invite!

If any of you who I sent invites to have invites, make sure to come back and help out others that need them.

Cheers!

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
I have two invites, first two to post for one get one.

FEXO
Oct 25, 2001

ODC posted:

Sweet, I would appreciate an invite. Thanks

akarya@gmail.com

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

FEXO posted:

Sweet, I would appreciate an invite. Thanks

akarya@gmail.com

Invite sent.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Just to be clear, if I make a project here I have to pay both kickstarter's 5% surcharge and Amazon payment's 3% credit card charge? If I campaign for 100 dollars, do I get 95 or 97% of 95?

I ask because The Point is a very similar service that also charges a 5% fee, but that includes the money getting to me.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ShadowHawk posted:

Just to be clear, if I make a project here I have to pay both kickstarter's 5% surcharge and Amazon payment's 3% credit card charge? If I campaign for 100 dollars, do I get 95 or 97% of 95?

I ask because The Point is a very similar service that also charges a 5% fee, but that includes the money getting to me.
The 5% do not include the Amazon charge. Kickstarter gets all 5%.

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc

ODC posted:

May I? I have PMs or joe.windetc at gmail.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
I need an invite if possible. :)

blankmage@gmail.com

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

JoeWindetc posted:

May I? I have PMs or joe.windetc at gmail.

Sent.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Well, I went to start a project on kickstarter today and ran into one of the site's shortcomings (which might at some point be changed).

You need a US address and bank account to start a funding project. As I live in Britain, this is a problem. I just was wondering if there were any similar systems available that would help me get my project funded, or if I should just wait until the rules change.

I suppose I could open a Paypal and ask for donations somewhere but I doubt that would really get me anywhere.

olblue
Nov 9, 2003

...lets go exploring!
Fallen Rib

Hbomberguy posted:

Well, I went to start a project on kickstarter today and ran into one of the site's shortcomings (which might at some point be changed).

You need a US address and bank account to start a funding project. As I live in Britain, this is a problem. I just was wondering if there were any similar systems available that would help me get my project funded, or if I should just wait until the rules change.

I suppose I could open a Paypal and ask for donations somewhere but I doubt that would really get me anywhere.

I have the same problem as you do unfortunately. Its mostly because I think they use Amazon's payment gateway which only works with US addresses. What I was considering was getting one of my friends in the US to help me set it up - the only problem with that would be their liability of tax however if they are raising the money for a second party hopefully that wont be too much of an issue.

Goon in the Mist
Jan 6, 2006

Could I have an invite please? Have some projects kicking around that would be so perfect for this.

Thanks! email is eric.meltzer@gmail.com

Insipid Oyster
Jun 29, 2010
Could someone shoot me an invite? :shobon:

aiorthwein@gmail.com is my email!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon in the Mist
Jan 6, 2006

bumping this because we're approaching a deadline to get our stuff up on kickstarter. any goons have an extra invite lying around? thanks!

PS: email = eric.meltzer@gmail.com