Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Another kickstarter-centered project---right now, I'm part of a team (associate producer and sound engineer; I hold boom mics, check recordings and yell at people) working in independent film. The project is quite probably the first feature-length film trilogy yet done in the realm of fan-film, based on the Masters of the Universe franchise.

The first film in the series, "The Wizard of Stone Mountain," is in the can already and debuted in three full screenings at fan conventions in Germany and Los Angeles and theatrically in Austin, Texas (at the legendary Alamo Drafthouse), and is available to feed your hungry eyeballs with on the interbutts.

We're gearing up for production on the second and third films, "The Fountain of Life" and the third one, whose title is TBA. Filming will start at the turn of the year, with the premieres of both films to happen in August, 2012 and `13.

Naturally, since we're working in fan-film, we're wholly non-profit, all of the actors and actresses, crew and personnel are eating operating costs out of our own pockets, hence our appeal to the internet at large, to bring the best sword and sandal and Skeletor film we can to the masses.

Our kickstarter page, with further production details, is here http://kck.st/r600oR

and our team's home on the internet is here http://www.weirdcityfilms.com/

Even if you can't help, feel free to follow along as we post video updates from behind the scenes and, eventually, the whole of the trilogy, free for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

zippy83 posted:

Hey Allen, sounds epic!

Pledged! :)

Have you considered a smaller $5 or $10 pledge where backers are given a digital download of the film? I know you're offering it for free, but it's a great way to encourage small pledges and they get the added convenience of being given a download link to download the video for offline viewing. You can add rewards mid-project.

Good luck!

I had not, but now that you've said that, I'll definitely bring it up at the next production meeting. Great idea, and thanks for helping out!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

Another kickstarter-centered project---right now, I'm part of a team (associate producer and sound engineer; I hold boom mics, check recordings and yell at people) working in independent film. The project is quite probably the first feature-length film trilogy yet done in the realm of fan-film, based on the Masters of the Universe franchise.

We're gearing up for production on the second and third films, "The Fountain of Life" and the third one, whose title is TBA. Filming will start at the turn of the year, with the premieres of both films to happen in August, 2012 and `13.

Naturally, since we're working in fan-film, we're wholly non-profit, all of the actors and actresses, crew and personnel are eating operating costs out of our own pockets, hence our appeal to the internet at large, to bring the best sword and sandal and Skeletor film we can to the masses.

So a couple of pages back, I was posting about the kickstarter the indie film team I'm working with was pushing for---we failed to meet our goal. So this time we're trying Indiegogo...and we hit our mark thanks to a really generous rich guy. However, since we've still got some time on the campaign, we're trying to see if we can upgrade our current arsenal (an arsenal of one) of cameras, so we can shoot takes from multiple angles and, with the more powerful camera, do some effects work that our current rig simply can't handle. We're only a few hundo short of our extended camera goal, so any kind of spare change that can be thrown our way will be a large step forward.

EDIT: Go me, helps if I include the linkage - http://igg.me/p/71102?a=23477