Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I am super excited to announce our new book, Toronto Comics: Volume 2!

200 pages of comics set in and about Toronto, from experienced Indy creators and talented newcomers. We're trying to move into the comics industry, and the only way to do that is to tell good stories and sell books!

Whether you're looking for a story about vampires and condos, weird tales of true history, giant robots, or romance at the world's final Nuit Blanche, we've got something for you!

The Making Comics thread here on SA has been really helpful in bringing this book together - there's a lot of talented and supportive folks in there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I got my start in the Making Comics thread in Creative Convention, and only a few years later I'm launching my third book! This forum has been a huge source of encouragement and advice as I figure out what the hey I'm actually doing.

I've spend the last 8 months of my life preparing this book, and I'm really proud of how it's turned out. Everyone involved worked incredibly long hours to make it the best project they possibly can.

Toronto Comics: Volume 3 is 300 pages of all-new comics starring Hogtown, brought to you by 47 local creators! This 6"x 9" softcover is jammed with 30 B+W stories from experienced indie veterans, as well as talented newcomers being published for the first time. With a foreword by Ryan North (Dinosaur Comics, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl), this is our most ambitious work yet!

From post-apocalyptic Massey Mutant gangs to the unsettled ghosts of the Keg Mansion, from flirty skyscrapers to condo supervillains, this anthology is a love letter to the city of Toronto.

Find out more at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742428467/toronto-comics-volume-3

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Hey folks. I started out in the Making Comics thread a few years ago, and our team's just kept on makin' comics. We're back again with a new anthology called Yonge At Heart, which is 210 pages of gorgeous colour comics, and I hope you'll take a look! We somehow convinced Jeff Lemire to introduce us in a sweet foreword, and I'm pretty pumped about that.

From world-saving TTC controllers to secrets hiding between the shelves at Honest Ed’s, from giant robot battles over overpriced condos to the true heritage moment of the Clown Brothel Riot, this anthology celebrates everything we love about Toronto (and some of the things we don’t).

This is a standalone anthology, so you don't need to have read any of our previous books to enjoy the stories. It's our first book in colour, so it's a great jumping-on point!

Check it out at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742428467/toronto-comics-yonge-at-heart

P.S: the Great Toronto Clown Brothel Riot was absolutely a real thing.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I started out in Creative Convention making short comics, and we've just launched our biggest and best comics anthology on Kickstarter:

Wayward Sisters, An Anthology of Monstrous Women

From mermaids hunted for their meat to a ghastly beauty pageant, Wayward Sisters celebrates lady and non-binary monsters who are indelicate, impolite, and irrepressible. Inside you’ll find tales of undead motivational speakers, vengeance demons compelled to hunt family, and a gentle T. Rex who just wants to be loved.

With a cover by Alise Gluškova (Abe Sapien, Letter 44), we’re excited to bring you fresh comics to sink your teeth into. Wayward Sisters: An Anthology of Monstrous Women is 216 full-colour pages printed at 6.75" x 10.25", featuring 25 new stories about non-binary and lady monsters. Our creators have roots all over the world, and they all identify as women or gender-nonconforming.

Here's just some of the comics in this book:

More details and comic samples are on the Kickstarter page!

Thanks, much appreciated!
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Squidster fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 11, 2017

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

I sponsored this a couple days back (physical book :toot: ) and didn't even know it's a Goonproject, now I am extra excited!
Awesome, thanks! It's been crazy watching it take off. Our previous project just squeaked in at 20k, and it looks like Wayward Sisters will be our very first real success. We've never been able to offer the artists raises before, and I'm super excited!

I stealth-posted one of the book's comics to the Favorite Comics thread - I really love iguanamouth's work.

Squidster posted:

iguanamouth is really, really good at this whole comics thing.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I feel a little bad monopolizing this thread - I've got three different projects on this page alone. BUT HEY I got a new book!

Toronto Comics: Osgoode As Gold

In a city of competitive wizard barristas, nervous werewolves and scoundrel Trash Pandas, you'll find some of the best upcoming comic creators! We're back again with 24 fresh comics from local indie veterans and first-time creators. From the strange giants that prowl Kensington at midnight, the vengeful Pacific Mall dance mafia, or the dragon-hunting wannabes working Queen Street, we've got stories inspired by every part of the city we love.

With a cover by Irma Kniivila (Ms. Marvel, Deadpool) and a foreword from Chip Zdarsky (Jughead, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man), this book is a celebration of the talent and diversity of Toronto’s comics community.

As always, we have a huge pile of talented folks contributing stories - it's a 220 page book in total!

Full details are up at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tocomixpress/toronto-comics-osgoode-as-gold

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Hey! Returning Creative Convention goon with a new comic anthology.

We just launched Shout Out, a bold queer comics anthology for teen readers from an award-winning queer team.

Led by Andrew Wheeler ( Eisner winner for Comics Alliance, Joe Shuster winner for Another Castle ), we've somehow convinced Kieron Gillen ( The Wicked + The Divine ), Joamette Gil ( Prism Award winner for Best Anthology ), Vivan Ng ( Legend of Korra ), and the Mathews twins ( Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy ) and 40+ others to contribute to this anthology. If that sounds like it's your wheelhouse, check us out on Kickstarter!

The artwork is stunning. Just holy dang, the team brought their A-game and then some.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

Backed :)

I really enjoyed the Wayward Sisters anthology you guys did last year.
Awesome, thanks so much! Allison and her team really did a fantastic job with Wayward Sisters. Don't tell anybody, but we're meeting in December to plan a sequel. :ssh:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Hello again thread! I'm back again with another great comics anthology.

The book is called Wayward Kindred, and uses monsters to tell stories about family--the good and the bad, the gruesome and the adorable. It's the follow-up to our Ignatz-nominated, Joe Shuster Award-winning Wayward Sisters anthology.

We’ve got a half-vampire struggling with her identity, cursed siblings bargaining with the aunt who transformed them, demon summonings via cozy sweater, and greedy royal knights trying to pressure immigrant dragons into a lousy cellphone contract.

A number of Wayward Sisters alumni, including Meaghan Carter, gillian blekkenhorst, H. Pueyo, and Dante L are back with new great stories for Kindred. You may recognize a few creators from our queer YA anthology Shout Out as well!

Allison O’Toole (editor of Wayward Sisters) is joined by assistant editors Ashanti Fortson (Galanthus, Heartwood, The Nib) and Kat Vendetti (Catalyst Prime, Rolled & Told) alongside 42 gifted independent creators from all over the world.

If that sounds like your jam, consider checking out the Wayward Kindred campaign.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 13, 2019

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Icon-Cat posted:

In for a paperback!
Fantastic! I actually just uploaded a preview comic from the book to Imgur:

The God Of Roadside Memorials, from Tate Brombal and V. Gagnon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I had to put publishing on hold during the pandemic, but I'm finally back with a new project!

Life: Beauty, Wonder, Danger.

It's a faux documentary inspired by BBC's Planet Earth and Cameron's Avatar. It's a wordless 44-page collection collecting five short comics, set on a mysterious alien world full of wonderfully strange creatures.

Life was co-created by Stephanie Cooke (Oh My Gods, Mark Millar’s Millarworld Annual) and Megan Huang (Rangers of the Divide, Jia and the Nian Monster) , and it's pretty dang gorgeous.

It's our first time publishing a small standalone book instead of our usual anthologies, but I'm hoping the success of Life can pave the way to many more cool small projects.

Check it out!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tocomixpress/life-beauty-wonder-danger