Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

If people are still handing out invites, would someone mind kicking one to hbomberguy at gmail dot com? Thanks very much! The all-or-nothing approach adds a very tense element to the whole process and makes it very hard to resist trying for a goal.

Hbomberguy fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Well, I went to start a project on kickstarter today and ran into one of the site's shortcomings (which might at some point be changed).

You need a US address and bank account to start a funding project. As I live in Britain, this is a problem. I just was wondering if there were any similar systems available that would help me get my project funded, or if I should just wait until the rules change.

I suppose I could open a Paypal and ask for donations somewhere but I doubt that would really get me anywhere.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Does anyone have any idea if the 'you must be american' thing has been changed, or if they plan to change it? Some projects I'd actually need funding for just jutted that closer into being a reality and I have no money.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Since I'm eventually going to have to try Kickstarter to help fund a feature-length animated film I'd like to make (although I'm far from that stage just yet), I wanted to ask what sort of incentives you lot thought were good. Copies of the DVD, T-shirts, and your name in the credits are good, but there ought to be some really creative ones for people who happen to pitch in a lot of money.

Like, I was thinking if someone donated several hundred dollars, they'd get to make one or all of the creators get a tattoo of their design/choice. I mean, it's probably not the most rewarding of incentives for such a large amount of money, but I for some reason like the idea of giving people the chance to literally make their mark.

Are there any other ideas you peeps have / preferred incentives you think I should offer?

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I personally feel that every kickstarter project should have a video featuring the people involved so the audience can get some kind of emotional connection. How are you marketing the KS page? If it's a play, then your two audiences would be people who could possibly go to see it, or people who can't but still have a connection to the material. Are you marketing the KS page to those two audiences?

This. Five hundred dollars isn't that much as far as Kickstarters go, but remember your pool of people who might donate is much smaller, it'll be limited to only those directly capable of attending the play if you're not careful.