Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Hey folks!

I just launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a dark fantasy and horror fiction magazine called AGHAST.

Aghast is an illustrated bi-annual journal of horror and dark fantasy short fiction. It will be available online, as well as in print and digital formats (eBook $5, print $10). This Kickstarter will help us launch the journal and publish the first few issues.

We have some pretty great authors offering brand new stories, including Jonathan Maberry, Tim Waggoner, Jeff Strand and Gemma Files.

Aghast will feature original short fiction. Each issue will be between 30k and 50k words. Each short story will be accompanied by an illustration by artist George Cotronis.

I'd appreciate your support!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I'm running an Indiegogo that's probably only useful for self published authors or tabletop game designers, but figured I'd post anyway.

I'm creating art to license for said books and games. One a day for a month.

https://igg.me/at/30bookcovers

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

BonoMan posted:

Impressive stuff... is it all 100% your own illustrated/made elements?

No, it's mostly photo based/bashed.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

lofi posted:

Where do you source your bits from? Do you go looking for specific things in certain places, or just build up a collection of scraps over time?

Mostly the latter. I find a good image, put it down first, alter it a bit, paint over some bits digitally, then go looking in my folder for things to put on top of it.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Sounds made for KS. Definitely have some art to show and draw people in.