Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Hi everyone!

Me and my friend recently completed a sequel to a cartoon we made a few years ago: Duck Commando! Right now we're pushing it, as we tried in the animation thread, to try and get more viewership rather than necessarily money. We want to be able to justify making a third one that can be used as a shoe-in to a potential pilot episode, either as a one-off for YouTube or something a network might actually care to pick up. I'm still new to the whole pitch idea so I'm eager to get working on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

But wait, there's more. It's all coming together to eventually lead up to a game we'e started designing called "FOWL PLAY", where the green duck gets shot in a murder conspiracy that involves the theft of all the cigarettes in the tri-county area. This is just in its early stages as we work out characters and setting through these mini-cartoons so I'll be interested in any feedback offered. Here's a poster I did last year that's being toyed with as we get it possibly sale-ready on demand.

Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Ahoy!

I'm running another Kickstarter for my CYOA books which started on these forums. This one's called The Sword of the Bastard Elf and it's off to a pretty good start.

It's mostly a single-player gamebook like Fighting Fantasy but it also includes a RPG system for 4 players and a dungeon master. The thing will be about 600 entries long and be fully illustrated by me.

Anyway please check it out if you have the time and inclination.

Your artwork is very high quality. In particular the color choices; they bring something unique to the visuals of what could be tired old sword-and-sorcery imagery. I'm not sure I've seen something like yours before.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Hi there goony goons. I'm a bit shy when it comes to this sort of thing but here goes.

I've been busy with a friend for the last few months putting together a pilot for a cartoon we'll be submitting to several film festivals here in Canada called Space Charter. The premise is simply that of a science fiction adventure show with a gang of schmucks that work a mundane job for what amounts to an intergalactic bus company. Basically a glorified Star Trek parody!

We just released our first trailer today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvXyPfnlqnw

THE CHARACTERS
Of course what would a show like this be without a cast to match? We took a long time to develop a core group plus some colorful tertiary characters.

CAPTAIN VICTOR SHATTS: The beefcake captain who's always looking for a way to get rich. He's a smooth talker that enjoys the finer things in the galaxy.
CONSTABLE XARK: The captain's no-nonsense enforcer who functions as his wingman, although his stern expression is difficult to act. Has a thing on his head.
OFFICER SINGH: The sworthy partner of Xark who helps out with the Space Charter's security. Sounds kind of Australian.
MISS NEBULA: Often left on the ship during missions, she takes solace knowing that one of these days the away team will all die and she will get to be captain.
ROONEY THE BARTENDER: An old friend of Victor Shatts who always seems to bump into him around the cosmos, ready to deliver empty wisdom.

It's been just my co-producer and I working on this, but we're happy to say the final product will be around the 10-11 minute mark. There's a lot we still need to fix, such as lip syncing and other aesthetics of the picture, but we're going in the right direction I think! I'll end this post with some artwork:

Since one of us in particular took four months off from work to design and create this, I was wondering whether it looks like its fundraiser worthy to help recoop some of the living expenses incurred. What do you guys think? Respectful parody, or Saturday morning schlock? Eager to hear your thoughts. :)