Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Hi folks! I started an IndieGoGo for my short film. Here's the link

Many of us love watching films. That part's obvious, and I know there are even some of us that MAKES film.

I'm one of them. I have written about animation, most notably for Jerry Beck's Cartoon Research. Even on print I did some freelance for Hogan's Alley magazine. I'm also a cartoonist, having done illustration work, editorial cartoons, and independent comic books. I also did some animation, having been involved in Bill Plympton's "Guard Dog Global Jam", some obscure student projects, and even doing a short film called "Fishing", which had its only public screening in Boston at a pop culture convention.

One of my comics involves a character I've been developing for a while called "Koko the Blue". The main character is a teenage sorceress (originally a witch) who has to deal with her full-time job. I wrote a script early this year, which went through development, getting input from professional animation people, and then further refined from my writing partner David Winn Jr. I ultimately used the script as a comic book, which came out in June 2013. It got positive reviews, and I later did several more stories with the character.

I decided to pull everything together and make a short film based on the story. I teamed up with few friends, including animators Aaron Long (Fester Fish) and fellow SA goon neonnoodle, voice actor Kyle Carrozza (also a cartoonist, creator of Moobeard and Frog Raccoon Strawberry), and composer Kevin Bluhm, also a SA goon. I set the goal to raise $13,000 to cover the costs, which isn't too bad considering how much Hollywood studios spend.

I have more details on the IndieGoGo page. Please check it out and spread the word.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Hey there!

So I do a webcomic called Ask a Cat, about a cartoon cat gets questions from people and he answers it in a humorous, cat-like fashion. Originally appearing on my blog, It got picked up by GoComics a few months after I started it, running alongside other strips the site has, such as "FoxTrot", "Phoebe and Her Unicorn", and "Calvin and Hobbes".

I've been doing it since 2014 and drew enough comics to fill a book, so I decided to start a Kickstarter campaign to get it printed!

It's a 128-page book collecting the best of the strips from 2014 to 2017. I'm also offering a few goodies, such as stickers, bookmarks, and even original art of the comic (it's traditionally drawn)

I've self-published before, but this is the first time I'm collecting my cat comic in a proper book. Hoping to see where the Kickstarter will go!

You can view the campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1921292905/ask-a-cat-the-book

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 20, 2017

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I guess I'll mention this here. I launched a Kickstarter to turn my webcomic into a book!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bakertoons/the-fuzzy-princess-vol-1-color-edition

The Fuzzy Princess is about an alien cat princess who gets stuck with humans and has to embrace humanity. Volume 1 collects the first 13 months of the comic in full color. In addition, there are bonus materials, such as behind-the-scene info and early development art.

The book has been a labor of love for the past few months, going back and forth with my editor to make it extra presentable, as well as drawing title pages for each chapter. All in all, I'm very happy with how it came out!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Mister Beeg posted:

I guess I'll mention this here. I launched a Kickstarter to turn my webcomic into a book!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bakertoons/the-fuzzy-princess-vol-1-color-edition

The Fuzzy Princess is about an alien cat princess who gets stuck with humans and has to embrace humanity. Volume 1 collects the first 13 months of the comic in full color. In addition, there are bonus materials, such as behind-the-scene info and early development art.

The book has been a labor of love for the past few months, going back and forth with my editor to make it extra presentable, as well as drawing title pages for each chapter. All in all, I'm very happy with how it came out!

Wanted to give an update. The campaign is nearly over, ending this Tuesday! As I write this, we're down to just a bit over $700 needed to fully fund the book! We're almost there, but still more needed!

If anyone is interested in a graphic novel about a snooty cat princess who can detach her tail to solve problems, this is a good one to check out! Please help spread the word as well if you can!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Got another Kickstarter going for my webcomic. A 2nd book collection of The Fuzzy Princess!

The comic is about a cat princess from another world who gets lost in the human world and has to embrace humanity. Last year I was able to get the first book printed through generous donations on Kickstarter, so I'm asking you to help me make the new book, which collects the 2nd year of the webcomic.

I feel this is when the comic hit its stride. Continuing off from where the first book left off, join Princess Kat on a voyage of self-discovery in this sec, as she explores her new talents such as:

Urban exploration!
Crimefighting!
Attempting to make Christmas dinner!
Surviving a surprise visit!
Babysitting!
Witches!
And enduring Kuma’s slam poetry!

It’s all here, and so much more.

Bonus features includes a guest art and introduction by Dana Simpson (Phoebe and Her Unicorn), as well as new title page for each chapter! This will be a full color, 192 page book.

So yeah, let's get this book made! Any support is much appreciated