Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Hello nice goons. I make videos about British television ephemera. My main project is the acclaimed ongoing series "The Hard Sell" - a comical animated review-type show on British adverts that currently runs fortnightly on Vimeo and YouTube. It's been called "funny" and "thought-provoking" on more than one occasion, by more than two people. I'm also responsible for the documentary series "ITV in the Face" (a comprehensive 16-part history of ITV), "Square Peg" (the tragic story of the dawn of satellite broadcasting) and many more, all available online to watch for free and indexed at my website. Several hours of content that I can only assume is amusing because people are still paying me to make it!

And that's also the point of this post. Because of the ongoing nature of my work, I have a Patreon. As of the start of the year, I'm living pretty much exclusively off it, having been kicked off benefits for not being depressed enough. It just about covers food and rent at the moment, so Iain Duncan Smith would doubtlessly tell me to stop complaining, but still, a few more backers and a bit less stress would be much appreciated.

Patronage will give you access to a back catalogue of Patron-exclusive videos from a year or two in the past - some are short video essays, some are absurdist edits of old continuity, some are just stupid - and for the foreseeable future, on Hard Sell-less Fridays, a chapter from my work in progress about the directors general of the BBC. Find out about John Reith's demented WWI antics! Read about the state of British radio before there was a BBC! And some other stuff later on I expect! (I only just started, get off my back). And get your name in the credits to boot! All for as little as $1 a month. It all helps.

Go to http://bobthefish.org.uk to have a look at my work, and if you like it enough go to http://patreon.com/applemask to support me. Or if you just want to chuck a coin at me as a one-off there's always paypal.me/applemask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU