Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I submitted a project today. Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved?

I really hope I don't have to make a video. I am not the most dynamic speaker, and it's not a video or photo project, so it doesn't lend itself well to video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Blake- posted:

I submitted and was sent my denial about 20 hours later.

What was it? I'm curious as to what they deny.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

My project. Pretty straightforward actually.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1695177517/the-world-that-was

The World That Was Project

“All will become nothing. Just like a dream, whatever things I enjoy will become a memory. Whatever is past will not be seen again.” – HH The Dalai Lama

The year 2010 marked 60 years since the invasion of Tibet by the People’s Liberation Army, and 2019 will mark 60 years since the defeat of the final uprising of the Tibetan people and the flight of the Dalai Lama into exile. Needless to say, those who remember the insular and secluded world of Tibet as it was for hundreds of years are dying off. Now is a crucial time in history when we have living witnesses to a lost world whose stories remain untold.

The World That Was Project, in conjunction with the Tibetan Oral History Project, The Tibetan Nuns Project, and the Lha Social Work Organization, is my personal effort to interview and record the stories of as many people as I can interview in Dharamsala, India.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Hey guys! My project got funded. Still collecting money past the goal; could certainly use it as I lowballed it to get in the "$1000 and under" category. Got some great advice on this thread, so thanks a lot. And if you want to follow the project, follow the blog links on the page or donate a dollar to have Kickstarter update you. Open for the next 5 days.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1695177517/the-world-that-was

Now I need to find a nice webcam for filming interviews. Where do you think I should post about that? Dorkroom? I hate wandering into subcategories at SA and doing something stupid because I haven't been there before and it wasn't in the FAQ.