Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
If you only have one invite left I'd love to snatch it up!

I'm the graphic designer at a small company, and we're talking about making a new company in which I'll be partnered, and share profits! Naturally I'm going to save and put more money in the stock market until I can make my own entertainment company (movies and games), but yea long story short, could i get one pretty please?

zach . spradlin@gmail . com

Edit, If theres only one left, give it to the guy below me

RizieN fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Someone sent me one, and now I have 5 invites myself. Thanks Mr. Elliot!

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

antiloquax posted:

Two Ts.

This looks like it could potentially be pretty cook. I think the fact that you offer incentives makes it all the better.

I'm also looking into a production company of sorts.

My apologies sir.

Catfishenfuego posted:

can anyone spare an invite for i_kno_damaj_braen@hotmail.com?

Sent.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
sent one your way too, Cheap Shot

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
sent, I've only got 2 left if anyone wants em

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
sent, only one left from me!

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Two Worlds posted:

May I have it please? oneiromancer at comcast dot net

Sent, I'm all out now. Up to you guys to pay it forward

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Congrats on getting your project funded, I sent you a proposition to the email on your kickstarter page, since you don't have PM.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm in the security industry (We distribute and "manufacture" CCTV security cameras/systems). With the advent of 3D Printing I'm ready to cut China out of my equation as much as possible.

I need some fresh takes on security camera housing designs. I've been in the industry for too long and I think I'm jaded. Also the Chinese haven't sent enough students to western design schools yet, so most of their poo poo is horrible or knocked-off.

Basically, I'm looking to hire someone to design new, professional/sleek/awesome looking security cameras (you can have a shitload of creative freedom, I'm fed up with the state of security cameras right now). There is a very likely chance that at least one of these designs will be produced and sold to our customers using 3D printing as either a prototype or even for the entire production. If you're interested and we use your design I'll send you poo poo (a 3D print, photos of final production, anything you want for whatever you want it for).

I've been teaching myself 3D modelling, so 2D artists are absolutely welcome and even desired. If you are skilled in 3D modeling that's a bonus, not a requirement. I'll accept anything from concept art to cad/engineering drawings to actual 3D models, I'm interested in good design and innovating this industry a little bit. Like every other industry, it's pretty small and people talk. So I'd like to communicate further via e-mail. I'm open to payment and however you'd prefer to be paid, let's talk!

If you're interested please send an e-mail to zach. spradlin@ gmail. com, with a subject line of "SA Security Camera" (exactly the words in the quotes, you're emailing my spam account, and I'm forwarding those subject lines to my current email address). I suppose you should explain a bit about yourself and what compensation you'd like to receive. If you don't have a portfolio or any examples and want to "Spec work" this project I'm open to that too, but understand that if we don't use it we probably won't pay for it.

The two biggest and most popular CCTV companies are currently Hivision and Dahua if you'd like to see what cameras EVERYONE is working with right now.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

The Supreme Court posted:

This sounds like a good opportunity, but what you're describing is a job. Payment shouldn't be optional.

Payment isn't optional, rates & method of payment are open to discussion/what the artist prefers. Also I realized this is probably the wrong thread anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

proctorbot posted:

I'm a special education teacher at a project-based charter school in Minnesota.

One of my students, Rowen, is hoping to do a glassblowing apprenticeship for his big senior project. Unfortunately, the costs to too high for the school to cover. He's created a GoFundMe page to try to raise money for his project:

https://www.gofundme.com/rowenglassblowing

Rowen is a very talented and unique young man. As he mentions in his video (so I feel okay mentioning here), he has a reading and writing disability. He is, though, very very gifted at tinkering, building, and working with his hands. This year, he took apart a microwave and built a spot welder out of it. In previous years, he built working 7-foot catapult and made a make-shift blacksmithing forge.

There is a professional glassblowing artist a couple towns over who is willing to take him on, but there are costs involved. I just thought it was such a really cool idea for a project, so I wanted to plug it here. Please consider throwing him a couple bucks so he can learn a skill/trade that could be a lifetime source of creative expression (and income!) for a unique young person who isn't destined for the traditional path.

Thanks goons.

Threw some bones this way, I like the kid. If he was able to gut a microwave and use the transformer to make an arc welder then surely you need to get this guy on the Tesla bandwagon. I'd love to see him use his (hopefully) newfound glass blowing skills to create some really cool vacuum tubes/globes, fill them with noble gases, and excite the gas wirelessly via a tesla coil (or other HV radio apparatus). Could be a really cool science experiment for a senior in HS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWTHO14dTu4 Click through to 1:30 to see gas tubes being excited wirelessly.