Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'd like one! gaspyconana@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Lanth posted:

Thanks!

Done!

Hooray! Thanks!
I have five now too, if anyone needs them PM me or email me: gaspyconana@gmail.com. :)

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 19, 2010

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

jonboy8871 posted:

I'd love an invite to this if anyone's got one:

perryherald at bellsouth dot net

sent :)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/jay-tholen-to-record-sermon-his-first-studio-lp

There she blows. There's even a little clip of a minigame from the next Dropsy thread. :) Tried to make it as entertaining as possible.

I'm waiting until Dropsy gets posted before I make a GBS thread. I'd be skewered if I didn't.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

ExtraNoise posted:

Updated the OP and donated to the cause. :)

Woo, thanks! :)

PS - Pastel White, Sumatra Green, and Enzian Blue please! :P

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 27, 2010

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Finally making a Dropsy the Clown game: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy-a-different-take-on-the-old-school-adventur

:)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy-a-surreal-exploration-based-adventure-game

Dropsy Kickstarter live, yay!

Worked on that video and the Kickstarter in general for about a month. Revamped it three times. Excited to see how it goes.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Gaspy Conana posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy-a-surreal-exploration-based-adventure-game

Dropsy Kickstarter live, yay!

Worked on that video and the Kickstarter in general for about a month. Revamped it three times. Excited to see how it goes.

So I'm wondering about press/exposure now. We were off to a relatively strong start, and that's cool, but I fear that once my friends and associates run out the funding rate will dip wayyy down. Any advice on getting the attention of the press? Standing out from all the billions of other Kickstarters? Etc. This is probably something I should've thought of more before launching, but yeah.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Just realized I never posted the new Dropsy in this thread. We're successfully funded, but are trying to reach a $19,000 stretch goal to get a composer on board:

-> Kickstarter Here <-

Condensed video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D9weQcaCnY

Info:

The Kickstarter posted:

Dropsy is an open world adventure game with an emphasis on surreal atmospheric elements and environmental storytelling. It extracts the humor and rich narratives from classic adventure games and places them into a unique exploration based framework. You guide Dropsy, a perpetually carefree clown (ex-clown to be precise) through a richly detailed world full of colorful characters and sinister secrets.

Screenshots and stuff:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

diadem posted:

That 3d blurb of the face at the ten second mark looks real impressive. How'd you do that? Claymation?

I didn't make it, it was just an animation a fan sent me through the Facebook page. I think it was just completely CG. Incredible work for being a quick out-of-nowhere thing.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
We just hit our first stretch goal, wooo!

Quick question: I'm posting an update on the music of my game tonight. Do you guys think I'd run into any trouble if I used a small montage of album covers from the music that influences me? Not using any audio, just images of the album covers.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

You launched this way too soon.

I agree with this. It's very difficult for anyone without some modicum of celebrity to get a game funded without at least a little gameplay to show first. Especially with the crowdfunding backlash setting in due to dud projects. Backers are way more skeptical now, and they have to see something that at least resembles a final product.

I also agree with the comments on the intro. If you can't afford a voice actor, take a more humble 'Hi, here's my game' approach and show what you have so far. I ran a failed Kickstarter this Summer, and the first ~60 seconds of the video having no gameplay killed me. It sucks to hear, but the best thing you can do right now is develop your game a little longer and relaunch when there's more to show.