Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
I'm a special education teacher at a project-based charter school in Minnesota.

One of my students, Rowen, is hoping to do a glassblowing apprenticeship for his big senior project. Unfortunately, the costs to too high for the school to cover. He's created a GoFundMe page to try to raise money for his project:

https://www.gofundme.com/rowenglassblowing

Rowen is a very talented and unique young man. As he mentions in his video (so I feel okay mentioning here), he has a reading and writing disability. He is, though, very very gifted at tinkering, building, and working with his hands. This year, he took apart a microwave and built a spot welder out of it. In previous years, he built working 7-foot catapult and made a make-shift blacksmithing forge.

There is a professional glassblowing artist a couple towns over who is willing to take him on, but there are costs involved. I just thought it was such a really cool idea for a project, so I wanted to plug it here. Please consider throwing him a couple bucks so he can learn a skill/trade that could be a lifetime source of creative expression (and income!) for a unique young person who isn't destined for the traditional path.

Thanks goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU