Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Yep, I've got one too. Well, it's a group I'm involved with, not just me. Last year we self-produced 10 short webisodes. Responses have been very positive, with more than a couple requests for "more". We're trying to drum up support for a second season with a budget larger than pocket change. Better props, better locations, everything.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leagueofsteam/adventures-of-the-league-of-steam-season-two/

I'm not so much asking for you folks to dig out the wallets for this so much as post it around, get it exposed outside our usual networks. That would be the biggest help. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

CaptainCrunch posted:

Yep, I've got one too. Well, it's a group I'm involved with, not just me. Last year we self-produced 10 short webisodes. Responses have been very positive, with more than a couple requests for "more". We're trying to drum up support for a second season with a budget larger than pocket change. Better props, better locations, everything.

A long overdue follow up. I don't know how much posting here helped, but we made it. In fact we were $3k over our target! So thank you to any anonymous benefactors from this thread!

Meanwhile, we're two episodes complete and posted. We were even able to talk Grant Imahara into being a guest star!
http://leagueofsteam.com/ if you would like to see it.

Thank you again.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

My web series project "The Adventures of The League of S.T.E.A.M." has a Kickstarter campaign going to fund our third season. We're down to the last 8 days, with just under $10,000 left to earn towards our goal.

KICKSTARTER:donate.leagueofsteam.com
or
KICKSTARTER:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leagueofsteam/adventures-of-the-league-of-steam-season-three

We're best known for creating elaborate costumes, classic monsters and creatures, and fully-functional Steampunk style props. We've managed to win a couple Streamy Awards, a Geekie Award for "Best Horror/Supernatural" web series and a ton of nominations.
It's entirely a labor of love as even the kickstarter funds aren't used for anything more than production costs. We produced the first season entirely out of pocket. We wanted to raise the bar hence, Kickstarter!

If this is the sort of thing that appeals to you, I ask you contribute what you can. Doesn't have to be cash, just spreading the word to friends you think would like to support the project is a big help.

Thank you very much!

About The League of S.T.E.A.M.

The League of S.T.E.A.M. is a talented group of artists, performers, and inventors who take their audience back to a time of intrepid adventures, bridging the gap between the supernatural and the scientific; they are monster hunters from the Victorian era. The group is best known for their award-winning web series The Adventures of the League of S.T.E.A.M., which chronicles the group's comedic monster-hunting misadventures. The League of S.T.E.A.M. specializes in interactive entertainment, performing with a fusion of fantastic technology, interactive demonstrations, and theatrical trickery, and their live events showcase a mesmerizing array of fully functional gadgets and props meticulously designed to enchant and entertain audiences of all ages. Their mission is to create unforgettable entertainment, telling their stories through a unique mix of interactive live shows, a popular web series, audio podcasts, and interactive fan club, and more.

vvvvvvvv
Thanks! I used the subdomain that directs to Kickstarter because I thought that would be easier to type! Sorry.

Edit: Success! Thank you VERY much to all who helped out in any way! We made 123% of our goal, reaching $30,842 by the time it ended. Thank you.

CaptainCrunch fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 3, 2013