Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

J-Spot posted:

Mega Man 8 about broke me. It abandons the traditional level design in favor of awful gimmick stages. Wily 1 is some of the worst poo poo I've ever played.

Likewise...the fact they put a booster sled section at the very beginning, and you had to play through it every single time you started a saved game almost made me pass over the game entirely. That an Aqua Man's dumbass little rainbow display before the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Boxman posted:

I would buy this for maybe 6 of the 8, but what was the point of Shadow Man and Top Man?

Wasn't Top Man made to entertain children or some such?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

mathaeis posted:

Something I found interesting somewhat relating to this. I remember an issue of Nintendo Power back when either MM5 or 6 came out, there was a contest to design robots. They had a 4 page spread of all the entrants, and announced the two winners. It wasn't until a year or two ago that I found information pointing out that ALL the robot masters from MM2 on were the result of similar contests in Japan - the two in NP were just the only two American children ever had anything to do with.

So I guess form denotes function, despite how silly that form might be.

I remember reading that too. One of the winners was Knight Man, I think. I also vaguely remember seeing a Spring Man in there too, way before he showed up in MM7.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Dresh posted:

It's not the emulators but the rom itself. The only way to play the Wily Tower is to download a savestate.

No longer correct; there's a version of the rom that saves properly and allows for Wily Tower access.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Lurdiak posted:

How much can a laptop from the XP era dedicated to playing indie games that are never on mac really run you? C'mon son, get in the game.

Hey, LemonLimeTime, I've got one of these available if you're interested at all. PM me and we'll talk.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Or just holding Select and cycling through them with the d-pad would have been great.

Or just pressing select to cycle though them. Why sacrifice movement for weapon cycling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Dabir posted:

Ah yes, a hideously tacky, lazy repaint with no different functionality over the original. That'll sell like hot puke.

I didn't think the Legacy Collection was THAT bad.