Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
X8, I think, was significantly better than 7. Not like they had to try hard to surpass 7, but still.

X8 real problem, in my recollection, was that the actual gameplay still wasn't as tight as it had been with the 2d games. It got really close at times, but something about the animations in general just made everything feel less precise.

I did really like the soundtrack for X8 though. My only complaint is I wish they hadn't gone with the Gravity Antonion's music in the final version. There's a lost tracks CD that has the originally proposed track, which sounded pretty alright. I can't find the lost tracks version on youtube though :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-7nxIRcFI Final version used for game

I think that if X8 had actually been X7, there could have been a properly amazing 3d graphics X title before Maverick Hunter X, but who really knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Since this thread is about general Mega Man discussion, I thought I should direct you all to these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kVfvg5eOi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeblEjcv_Ks&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bptz3bXDaM0&feature=related

This dude is pretty much the best Mega Man X player I've seen. He essentially goes into the games and dissects them to the point where he's able to beat them without taking damage and following some pretty strict requirements. Those are his X4 videos, but he's got stuff for pretty much all the X series except 7 and 8, and videos for the Zero series as well. Pretty cool stuff.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Levantine posted:

I just wish they'd make another Megaman X: Command Mission.

But I also liked X6 - Zero played better in that one than in any other.

I could never get the hang of his sword slashing in X6.

I think it was because at the time, I had already played the first or second Zero title, and X6 Zero just didn't feel nearly as smooth.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What should really happen for the next X title is that rather than going pure retro with it and making it look like the SNES games, they should make it an HD sprite based game. Character sprites heavy on animation and in high def would be spectacular.

Then give it optional co-op. Give me a co-op MMX game with the playable cast being X, Zero, and maaaaaybe Axl, and Signas from X5 on, give them all defining play styles, and make more bullet intensive than a Metal Slug game, complete with badass boss fights where the Maverick in question requires more than just spamming weaknesses, and he can kick your asses all over a given arena....

Goddamn. It'd be awesome.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

crime fighting hog posted:

Well guys, we're not that far off

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c20_1261626042

No one was left who could remember how it had happened. How the world had fallen into darkness. At least, no one who would do anything. No one who oppose the SOBOTs. No one who would challenge their power.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Screaming Idiot posted:

Megaman ZX, and Megaman ZXA are pretty direct continuations of the Zero series.

They are also pretty much terrible. Zero had his story, fought well, and is now dead. Let us all shed a tear and ask ourselves what we have all been fighting for.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The era I miss most is the X series. It had lots of cool ideas, but played it mostly safe and got really dull and stupid for X5, outright bad with X6 and 7, but then made a surprising turn around with X8 and Command Mission.

My ideal new Mega Man game would play like a faster paced Legends, set during the X series. Basic single player stuff, some big plot, but ultimately it's an excuse to set you up for online multiplayer. You make your own hunter, customize the look, then start doing missions in X's unit or Zero's unit. Early in the online mode against early Maverick encounters, they come with you and basically show you how it's done. As you increase your hunter rank, you start doing missions with exclusively with other players without X or Zero to back you up. Levels would be huge and allow for multiple ways to approach the Maverick in question. You can carry multiple weapons, and even use boss attacks to help out. Melee combat should be appropriately brutal. The gameplay would be almost entirely skill based, with the death of Mavericks leaving parts for you to soup up your Hunter.

Yes, this is Monster Hunter, but with reploids. Call it Maverick Hunter. Up the player count to 6 players per mission. It'd be great.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Captain Invictus posted:

Nice job getting really mad about a game that isn't even out yet you raving lunatic

Perhaps you'd like to wait and play it first BEFORE frothing at the mouth and exemplifying your forum name. It says there's five modifiable stats(at least), including "move" and "shot" which most likely means the options for sliding and charging are going to be there.

the franchise was ruined when the changed the sound of mega man landing after a jump i mean jesus christ dont they know what robots landing after a long fall sound like

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I will say one thing about Mega Man 8, the soundtrack was pretty cool. (Saturn Version had the better Tengu Man theme)

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
After ten years, they finally move it to a new portable. Can't say I'm entirely thrilled.

This is a sound business decision, good for Capcom, and likely good for Nintendo as people will flock to the system just for big names like this. But after waiting ten years for this announcement, I can't help but wonder how amazing this game could be on an HD console.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flatluigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf6hRFXlQco

Not Mega Man, but it's an example of the capabilities of the 3DS. It's not exactly low-res, man.

That's great, I'm glad they are enhancing a game I've already beaten a dozen times at least on a new platform as a means of trying to convince me parting with 250-300 bucks in addition to another 30-50 for the game itself.

Imagine if they put that sort of effort into a console remake.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Drox posted:

I MUST DEFEND NINTENDO AGAINST ALL IMAGINARY SLIGHTS

I'm sorry that after ten years of waiting, some folks find the idea of a portable sequel to a series of console games to not be as palatable as a game on a more powerful piece of hardware.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Anonymous Robot posted:

Did anyone seriously think that Capcom would make MML3 a big-budget 360 game, or something?

It'd have been nice. We can wish for nice things, can't we?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MonkeyforaHead posted:

This was pretty much what I was thinking. If they were putting it out on the PS3 or 360 they would pretty much be obligated to oversaturate the graphics, unless they made it an XBLA/PSN release in which event it'd probably be a much smaller game. On a handheld those expectations of squeezing every last drop of processing power out of the system for every game aren't really there. I'm kinda surprised it's not being made for PSP, if anything, but then again Capcom seem to have had poo poo success with Mega Man titles on that system.

The whole "booo handhelds" argument is stupid anyway. Judging by the responses in this thread you'd think that all handheld releases are cut-down ports of console titles, leaving literally no good reason to get one until suddenly MML3 comes along. I don't get handhelds for use on the go, I get them because they have entire libraries of triple-A titles not available on other systems. They are every bit as viable of a purchase as any console. All sorts of series have migrated between companies and platforms over the years and this is no exception. Deal with it. :colbert:

It's not even a 'boo handhelds' argument so much as it's disappointing that after decade they aren't even going to put the newest, highly anticipated game of a long running franchise on a modern console. Nobody is saying the 3DS isn't up to the task. I just want this thing I've been waiting for to be as big as it possibly can.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

There is definitely a collection released of 1-4, but if you found 1 to be extremely hard and unforgiving it might not be the collection for you. 2 and 3 are the same old song and dance as 1 but 4 does throw the player some bones in terms of ease of use.

Personally, I couldn't really enjoy them until I could play with save states, but that might be because despite being terrible I wanted to get good ranks in the levels so I could actually get the weapon upgrades. gently caress you capcom.

Thing is, the upgrades from A-S ranking bosses are wholly unnecessary. You can pretty much get through almost any Zero game with just Saber slashes (charged or otherwise). Once upon a time, I could do it and maintain consistent A-S ranks. Memories of S-ranking the games on the carts years ago compelled me to buy the Zero collection. Of course, I'm so out of practice I get hit all over the place.

I love Violen's videos. His Zero's Saber series in particular are some of my favorites.

And a third post topic/my typical defense of X8: it gets a lot of poo poo for being right after X7, but at the time it was a lot of fun. It also has a surprisingly awesome soundtrack.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Really, using 'anime' as a derogatory descriptor just feels lazy somehow.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'd like to say I feel bad about Universe going away, but none of the footage was really working for me. Still looking forward to Legends 3, so that's something.

With regards to the 'plot' of Mega Man, the X series in particular, there's interesting places they could go with it if they decided to try and write a plot around those themes and broke away from the 'traditional' design of the Mega Man games (here's 8 themed bosses of varying levels of goofy/crazy, kill them, here's a series of boss stages, here's a final boss oh my god Sigma I am totally surprised you're alive again).

At the same time, that's not what these games were really known for. It's fun to speculate and think about all these stuff that can be inferred from the rather thin in-game stories, but they'd have to make a serious effort to turn that poo poo into anything but 'annoying crap that gets in the way of my kicking some robot rear end', and that's effort the fanbase would mostly NOT be receptive to.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

pokecapn posted:

I have good news and bad news for you. The good news is Legends 3 can't be canceled. The bad news is that's because it hasn't been greenlit yet.

Yeah :sigh:

As sad as this may sound, I'd be interested in a more free roam style X-series game where you can do more exploration and see more character interaction, and can get emergency calls to deal with sudden maverick riots. When you get to an area to fight the maverick, the game switches to a 2.5D perspective along the lines of MMX8 (ideally with tighter controls).

It'd be a way to show the maverick hunters as an organization that does not solely consist of X, Zero, Axl, and a support staff of varying sizes between games. It'd also be a way to do more with mavericks in general. Not all of them are evil just 'cuz. If this fictional game had decent writing that didn't take itself TOO seriously, while still dealing with some deeper themes, I think it'd be really cool.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Admission: I think the X series, as a whole, are generally better games than original Mega Man. Taking X6 and 7 out of the equation, Capcom did a pretty good job in terms of gameplay, graphical style, and music. Don't get me wrong, I love the original series too, but I stopped really caring about the games after MM4.

MM8 brought my interest back, despite the weird design decisions throughout, but by that time, MMX4 was available and pretty much killed a lot of my desire to keep reliving those older games. When the retro 9 and 10 rolled out, I felt like they were a step back from 3 and 4, which is where I think they really nailed down the 'Mega Man' feel.

I don't think Capcom'll ever be able to out do Mega Man Zero 1-4, but if they do manage it, I will be ecstatic.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I dunno. I didn't care much for 9 and 10 simply because Mega Man couldn't slide or charge his buster. He could do these things since at least MM3 or 4, so having them removed felt like a poor excuse to make Protoman seem legitimately different as a character. The graphics meant nothing to me in the end.

Mercury Crusader posted:

That reminds me, were there any big complaints about Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth looking like a SNES title? Like, it looks too old or it doesn't play like SotN or something? Are "SNES-style graphics" exempt from the whole retro nostalgia argument?

Generally, SNES games looked and sounded better than their 8-bit counterparts. One could make the argument that they are just trying to play off the charm of the NES games, specifically Mega Man 2.

It's not that they look 'bad'. For what it's worth, they are pretty much two of the best 8-bit style games ever released. It'd just be nice if they did more for a series that essentially went downhill because it stayed the same for so long.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mercury Crusader posted:

Well, obviously the games that were on better hardware released years after the previous generation's hardware is gonna look better. A lot of this anti-retro rhetoric is coming off as either "nostalgia is terrible" or "nostaliga is terrible unless it's MY NOSTALGIA".

I think people in general are trying a bit too hard to be offended when someone criticizes *thing (I/We) like*.

But adding on to my previous post, it's not just looks and sounds that the SNES was generally better, the controls on the best games of that era also tend to leave behind the more simplistic 8-bit titles, limited by their hardware by design.

I grew up with an NES and a Sega Master System, so I'm not just bashing retro gaming because I think it's cool to hate something popular. I don't even think I'm necessarily bashing it for being 'retro'.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

UselessLurker posted:

"The Prototype version sold like poo poo so we're halting development."

I'm remembering this post so I know who to blame if this actually does happen.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Overbite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M

If it's really gonna be around $2 then I won't feel so bad about paying for it.

I'd still pay whatever for it but I'd rather pay less!

Sold, the moment s/he ran up the wall and vaulted over the guard rail.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Orcasword posted:

I almost always use the buster exclusively in the X games.
I also feel like The Protomen have the same stance on the X series and most of us probably do on say....Battle Network or StarForce.

It's kinda silly they care more for a series that manages to have an even thinner background story than MMX. Then again, they did manage to make a fairly successful fanfic musical out of the original series.

I'm hoping someone out there is clever enough to do a Weird Al-style parody of the story behind Mega Man 8. Just go all out polka on it. JUMP JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE SLIDE JUMP JUMP JUMP

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason why the Protomen do so well with classic Megaman is because it has practically no storyline -- it leaves them a lot of room to maneuver. Megaman X has a fairly fleshed-out storyline, and some parts of it are balls-to-the-wall flat-out goddamned retarded and I don't just mean the post-X4 stuff either.

Still, I'm pretty sure the Protomen dislike the X series for the same reason people get rabid when others say they don't like MM9 and MM10 -- if it's not exactly like the game they like, it's instantly bad (even if it's not).

I dunno, they could pretty much ignore the X storyline entirely like they did with Mega Man, if they wanted. Considering their apparent love of the 'grim and dark', the X storyline is just ripe for some really evil imagery. The Maverick Hunters could get an SS-style treatment, showing them disposing of of millions of 'Mavericks' in the name of peace, or something.

Just a curiosity, that's all.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

XboxPants posted:

Speaking of games, what's the best game in the Z & ZX series?

The best game in the Zero series is Mega Man Zero Collection.:colbert:

As far as ZX...meh, I'm not sure. I'm pretty lukewarm about those games, but I'm not entirely sure why. Mechanically, they play well. Visually, they are pretty much better looking Zero games. The music is fine, maybe not as good as the stuff found in the MM and X games, but still pretty decent.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If they ever make a new proper 2D play style Mega Man X game, I want them to go totally overboard on the animation quality. Bosses die in different ways depending on what the last blow was dealt by, progressive damage to characters as hits are sustained, just really go overboard. I remember the first time I cut a boss in half while playing Zero 1, I thought that was the best poo poo ever. To see that turned up to eleven would be the best thing.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Coming up with Maverick names had to be fun at Capcom.

"FIREMELT RABBITSTOMP?"

"No, no that won't do."

"GRAVITY BEETBOOD?" (that was the name of Gravity Beetle in the Japanese X3)

"...PERFECT."

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gammatron 64 posted:

I would love HD hand drawn sprites along the lines of something like Guilty Gear or BlazBlue, but that would be way, WAY too much work. This isn't just a "Capcom is lazy" thing, I wouldn't expect that from anybody. You could maybe remake 1 Mega Man game every couple years with HD sprites. But all of them? Nuh uh. It would be easier to use 3D models for everything, but it would suck and look bad.

I dunno, I can still call Capcom lazy, seeing as how one character in BlazBlue probably has more frames of animation than probably the majority of sprites in the entire Mega Man and Mega Man X series combined, and they probably have greater resources to work with than ASW does when putting out a new 2d fighter.

Mega Man is just not as 'cool' anymore among today's gamers. The original series has managed to get by on novelty alone with 9 and 10, but the X and Zero series are finished/dead, Legends is part of a small but devoted fanbase, the ZX games failed to keep the interest of many gamers for a number of good reasons.

I'd like to believe a super badass HD sprite Mega Man or X series title would fix things, but it's more likely that it wouldn't.

If we're bringing up our dream games, I want an X series game where it plays out like a (much) faster paced Monster Hunter, with four players working together to take down mavericks or giant machines that are absurdly tough to take down solo.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think the plot to X4 is all that terrible :blush:. Sure, the execution of said plot is what it is, but the story it tries to tell has some interesting ideas. I also think that if X5 had been allowed to be the last X game, that still would have been a good lead up into the Zero games. At the same time, we wouldn't have gotten X8, and I actually really like that game.

Yup, it's me, I'm the rear end in a top hat that actually really likes the 'plot' to the X/Zero games.

If anything, X4 hints at some interesting developments among reploids. These reploids chose to go Maverick. They weren't infected by a virus or anything. They were only given an offer, weighed their options and accepted it. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the X series is at least partly inspired by Blade Runner (Reploids/Replicants, and the idea that they have limited lives or limited choices to make in life, and if they get out of line even slightly their fate is government mandated execution on the spot).

Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to have 'good' writing when at the end of the day Mega Man is basically a playable kids show done by the numbers. But the background to the series is pretty interesting if you let your imagination run with it a little bit.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, that's the thing. Not IS mainstream, WAS mainstream. Mega Man and Street Fighter put Capcom on the map. But by around 1997 both of those franchises were losing popularity fast. 3rd Strike is very well loved and fondly remembered now, but when it came out people avoided that game like the plague in the arcades.

I'm pretty sure SF4 is one of the most popular current mainstream fighters in the genre today, dude. If anything, the continued support of the games and making new versions of said game in the face of cancellations of other products should tip you off about that. Sure, it gets poo poo on by hardcore fans and always is compared to SF3, but to claim the series is on the way out ignores SF4, SSF4, SSF4 AE, and now SF vs Tekken. SF4 basically gave the franchise a new lease on life, regardless of how the pros and armchair gaming pundits trash it.

You most likely cannot be dissuaded from your line of thinking, but the Mega Man franchise wasn't 'dying' by 1997. If anything, that was just before the start of it's biggest and most profitable era. The Battle Network games were a pretty big deal in Japan, and sold well enough that Capcom was committed to supporting them throughout the GBA years.

Mega Man's problems are partly due to heavy oversaturation of the name and product by the end of BN and the start of Star Force, and the inability of Capcom or Inafune to remain flexible with the franchise. By the time they decided to go back and try something different with Legends 3, it was already too late. We the fans likely didn't see it.

You really can only carry a franchise forward through nostalgia and constant releases for so long. They all fade eventually, but to say SF, much less Mega Man, was on the way out so long ago seems a bit...blind.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

Ah nothing better than nerds calling out other nerds. I bet they would react the same way when their beloved franchise gets the axe.

No see, they'd never get upset because they are more mature than you.

*posts condescendingly whenever someone expresses disappointment that MML3 is cancelled, wonders why people think they're a jackass*

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Spiffo posted:

There's disappointment and then there's meltdowns possibly involving literal tears and/or calls for violence.

Yes, the people calling it out are in fact more mature than that.

Hey, amazing, there are freaks on the internet! Breaking news!

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think people have had those epic meltdowns on these forums, so in that context, no, the people who chip in with their smug posts saying "Too bad, so sad" are not being the better people about all this.

blackguy32 posted:

I can understand disappointed. But angry?? Why would you be angry at someone because they didn't make your video game?

I think you can be angry and not be a total lunatic about it. There was a lot more fan input surrounding Legends 3 than what occurs in most gaming development, they kept telling people how they were going to do this or that with the game, but then they casually dismiss all of that, and even imply that what fans were doing was not enough.

fivegears4reverse fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 21, 2011

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

If you've been waiting 10+ years for a video game, chances are it's never coming out, seriously.

True, but that doesn't really change the fact that Capcom really did get the fans pumped up over a game nobody though would ever see a sequel, going so far as to include their input into the production of said game, and showing off footage of a demo they were putting together for possible sale on the 3DS store.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Not entirely true actually. Back when it was Earthbound 64, there were a ton of American/English previews for it and there was a lot of discussion of it being localized.

A ton of previews written in English. I don't think the game got very far in development at all back then, not far enough for it to have translated English text in it.

Of course, if I'm wrong, that's sad and loving awesome at the same time. I was pretty bitter about no Earthbound 64 back then, thinking back.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Shiki Dan posted:

Stop spouting GameFAQs sentences as argumentation.

You first?

I mean, it's alright to have an opinion, which is all you have, but to trumpet it as fact makes you look worse than those people you look down upon over at GameFAQs.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
X8 is really, really under appreciated.

After the disaster that was X7, it was like they sat back, fired the entire X7 team, looked at what they did wrong, and got a team together to try to salvage something out of the whole mess. Scarily enough, it worked out. It had a generally pretty kick rear end soundtrack for the post X4 games, they managed to make all three playable characters interesting, and the controls themselves were pretty spot on for the most part. There's also cool little throwbacks to older games in the franchise.

The dub was also decent, which really shocked me at the time. Even AXL was far more tolerable that he was in 7 or Command Mission.

Most importantly, they brought back Vile. Screw that Dynamo loser, Vile is going to haunt X until the day he dies, he said so in X2!

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chachi posted:

Aside from its visual and auditory aesthetics, which are admittedly beautiful, Monster Hunter has terrible unresponsive controls and repetitive gameplay. What else is there to judge a game on? And don't say "challenge", because Demon's Souls and God Hand are far better examples when it comes to challenging games - which is to say, they're actually playable.

You're pretty much just terrible at Monster Hunter.

Edit: Especially if you think the controls are 'unresponsive'. Maybe you're expecting the Hunters to be more maneuverable, but they aren't. It's a stylistic choice you don't agree with, but that doesn't mean the controls as 'unresponsive'.

fivegears4reverse fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 8, 2011

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chachi posted:

Is there a single terrible game you won't defend by accusing others of "not getting" or "being crappy gamerz"?

EDIT: gently caress it, this thread is about Mega Man, not godawful grindfests.

Capcom. Bring us some drat Mega Man already.

I can't help but call it as I see it. You don't like Monster Hunter because you really don't get it, and are probably terrible at it if you even bothered to play it for more than one hour. The characters move the way they do in the game not just for gameplay reasons, but for deliberate stylistic choices.

A Mega Man X game done with a similar concept in mind could be pretty awesome. You get to make a maverick hunter, from the ground up, totally customize your appearance based on what you 'craft' or 'unlock' from each hunt. Your targets could be any number of the dozens of mavericks the series has offered, only the thing is, you're not Zero or X, you're more or less a grunt, and if you want to kill mavericks easier, you'll work with friends.

Because it would be in the X universe, it'd be a much faster paced game, in my mind. I'd say a starting Maverick Hunter has the ability to use dash boots, and do charged shots with an arm cannon.

You could have brilliant set piece battles like MH3's Jhen Moran, only now you're chasing down a battleship like Vile's from the first MMX game, and you're on the jet bikes, and have to avoid incoming fire or even ditch the bikes to climb onto other airships and eventually work your way to the battleship itself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LemonLimeTime posted:

Sorry, but that trailer was the worst loving thing I've seen all week.

"SON. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW."

I un-ironically laughed at this.