Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
And that Jewelmans shield was so ( unlike previous shield weapons )ridiculously powerful that you were tempted to use it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Viral Thorn posted:

WTF, Capcom. When will you learn that 'original' and 'unique' != good. Guy made of swords? Awesome. A loving robot baseball? gently caress YOU we're not six years old anymore :argh:

Despite the obvious trolling, but you could have at least gone with Sheep- instead of Strikeman.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Let's have some more three dimensional Megaman entertainment in here

http://cutstuff.net/blog/?page_id=1490

This could be eventually a lot of fun or just headache inducing after a short while, never played that much FPS so , to me, it just looks really hectic and confusing.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
BurstMan was in Megaman seven. Do you mean grenademan?

I'm quite excited about this new 8-bit rendition, never had the chance to play the original.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm really digging CGI Gutsman.

The little clownsnose takes all the Gutsman feeling away

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

skipThings posted:

Let's have some more three dimensional Megaman entertainment in here

http://cutstuff.net/blog/?page_id=1490

This could be eventually a lot of fun or just headache inducing after a short while, never played that much FPS so , to me, it just looks really hectic and confusing.

Hey look what I posted five months ago

This thread is just a bunch of reruns, just like Megaman itself v:shobon:v

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Screaming Idiot posted:

EDIT: Megaman 9 and 10 sucked, though. LET ME CHARGE AND SLIDE, DAMMIT. :mad:

Where is your problem here exactly? You can play as Protoman to exactly do what you want.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Well, if the colorscheme and the fact that he takes to much damage ( you shouldn't take damage in a megaman game anyway ) is a problem for you, yes then "it sucks".

Megaman 9 and 10 sucks because it gives you different ways to play the game.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Chibs posted:

Here's the Mega Man Online teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPqqlyGd2Rc

oh jeez what the heck

:megaman:I HATE TIME TRAVEL:megaman:

Oh no, this is going to suck, I just know it :(

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Yes, we need more " buuut the Protomen have better lyrics and are more serious and are so much beeeetteeer" in this thread.

Both are quite enjoyable, the Megas in cheesy cartoon style fashion and the Protomen if you want to imagine a grim-dark advanced story for the games.
Don't derail this thread with more stupid fanboy whining.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Captain Invictus posted:

I didn't even know who these two bands were until these past few posts(aside from the Brentalfloss thing). Don't assume everyone is a fanboy just because they offer an opinion on something.

I didn't mean to flame you specially, I just wanted to say that it should stop immediately after screaming idiot or some even before him started this retarded argument

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

blackguy32 posted:

Ive been playing through Megaman X 8lately, and I am warming up to it a lot. I think it really tries to take a lot of risks and many of them don't pay off, but its a surprisingly deeper game than most of the other ones in the series. Some people might say it is too complex and I think the gimmicky levels drag it down, but with whatever else is there, I like it, and I wish we would get another Mega Man X game, although now that Sigma is dead, I wonder who will be the new villain?

It'll be Sigma

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

fivegears4reverse posted:

Screw that Dynamo loser, Vile is going to haunt X until the day he dies, he said so in X2!
You take that back, Dynamo's theme is way cooler and fresh than Viles pseudo-omenous intro and boring rockshredshit :colbert:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Gammatron 64 posted:

Forget that, I've been wanting a game where player 1 is Mega Man and player 2 is Protoman since the '90's.

What we really need is Mega Man: Four Swor- er, Guns.

Megaman, Protoman, Forte. Who would be the fourth one, Roll ?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

That is not Brightman at all
:goonsay:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
There was thing thing a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvlVTSHLVA0

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Captain Invictus posted:

I had forgotten that it was never rereleased and apparently the original code for the game was lost/destroyed. Hence, http://www.ebay.com/csc/Games-/1399...omplete=1&rt=nc

:saddowns:

Now I'm ever happier that I found this little bugger years ago in a second hand shop for only 10€

enormous digicam pick, don't click )

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Gammatron 64 posted:

Mega Man 9 also has possibly the best arsenal out of any Mega Man game. Most of the weapons are fun to use, and actually useful.

I think Mega Man 9 is one of the best games in the series, even though it's disappointing that they felt the need to remove the charge shot and slide.

That is exactly why they felt the need to cut the charge shot and slide, so you are actually forced to use all of the utility the extra weapons provide
and so that they could sell you Protoman for some extra cash.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Concreteman's level is "easy" to beat and has the least " boom your dead" insta-gib deathtraps, it's more of an atrittion level, with some patience it is totally doable.

Also, "The Megas" released a new Album for anyone who is interested.

http://www.themegas.com/get-equipped-with-stuff/

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
gently caress :(
They stopped selling those in my comicbokstore here in Frankfurt after issue #2, I really would've loved to get more of those

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Schwarzwald posted:

The robots of MM3 were built with a utilitarian purpose in mind, like the robots from the first game, right?
What possible purpose could Needle Man have been meant to serve?

Don't know what the original idea was, as Megaman doesn't have much story, but for the first few levles Wily and Light worked together to build that Gamma Peacekeeper robot and in Magnetmans-level some of the battery sprites even have their own symbol which depicts the L and the W in unison.

I guess he is supossed to be more of a "Nailman" as his stages seemed to be some kind of construction-site.
Geminiman on the other hand doesn't make sense not even for a Megaman game if you would want to stretch it mabe it's some kind of experiment.
Topman on the other hand was surely just a freindly robot to entertain children :3:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Mister Roboto posted:

MM3's story is bare bones and completely stupid anyways. Most of the MM3 robot masters were created by a reformed Wily AND Light working together, and then they mysteriously went crazy. Also, Light somehow thought making a gigantic "peace keeping" robot was a good idea.

I'm kind of looking forward to how the Archie comic rationalizes it, they've done a good job so far of creating excuses for the more inane aspects of MM's canon.

emphasis mine

Of course it doesn't make sense to actual people.
I was just pondering if the designers ever tried to make sense of it and then just stopped mid-way, as Megaman3 seems to had some kind of story, as it was supossed to be even bigger than it already was.
Obviously Megaman3 was going to be something much bigger as everything after it, the four extra levels with two robot masters in the end, the little side story that introduces Protoman and that Robotmasters like Hardman and Snakeman were once again build to actually do something else then sit in a room and wait for Megaman.

Have a look at that, you won't find that many scrapped content in any other Megaman games : http://themechanicalmaniacs.com/articles/mm3mysteries.php#MM3proto

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

YourAverageJoe posted:

SEARCHING for metals in the ground with his deployed SNAKES.

That's why they call 'em SEARCH SNAKES

Exactly, he was build as an excavation robot, why it has to be snakes ? No idea

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

LemonLimeTime posted:

Ever played MegaMan II on an actual old GameBoy Pocket with no backlighting? Yeah, it's pretty much the worst thing ever.

Don't you dare diss my first videogame that I ever posessed, I still play it and I love that horrible music :(

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

TaurusOxford posted:

All this talk about MMX music reminds me. I hope The Megas are still on track with their plan to do the Megaman X Album. I'm really enjoying their new MM3 album.

Don't shoot me, i'm dancin'
Don't shoot me, i'm dancin'
Don't shoot me when i'm dancin'
Can't stop the top.

I'd love if they would do a MM7 one, I think the cheesy story that the game already has just helps them to write lyrics, especially about CountMan :allears:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Yes, ShadeMan. Everytime I called him that people looked at me and asked "you mean the ninja ?" So I just called him CountMan from then on, it's a dumb quirk, sue me :smith:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

LemonLimeTime posted:

How the gently caress is he even close to a ninja? At least yours makes sense.

SpringMan is now officially SlinkyMan in my book, just for the record.

It's probably because "ShadowMan" a Ninja, is much better known than ShadeMan who is a "Robotvampire" and that's why they mistake him for that.

Also apropos GarbageMan :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpP_BKPa5Oc

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Geminiman is weak to Airman <- another weakness

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

ImpAtom posted:

On the other hand 10 was one of the most incredibly boring.

At least ten had mapped buttons to switch between your weapons without pausing the game, that was great.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Simply Simon posted:

It says a lot about Mega Man in general when the fans are willing to praise a feature that should have been there from the start, or at least from the second game onwards.

It's called the "Select" button for a reason, dammit!

Oh, and I blame lovely level design for 10's boringness (lovely = boring in most cases).

It saddens me that i really can't argue with that, but Megaman 10 had that really funny intro to the last level. I just want to like those silly games :(

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Simon, it's Frostman, not Freezeman, the latter is a boss in Megaman7, I think you have to hand in your Megaman effort post badge :(

In all seriousness, there are to many "not-warm" related bosses anyway to keep track.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Kelp Plankton posted:

Only if it plays like a weird forgotten cousin to the Megaman franchise in general. Weirdly related to all the other Megaman games but somehow just totally getting it all wrong. Purposefully overwrought MMX anime drama cutscenes interspersed with clunky PS1 era Megaman Legends style 3D shooting segments, but the Classic Megaman style level/boss/weapon setup. But the boss fights are turn-based. And then something weird like on-rails segments with Star Fox style chatter the whole time. And cards scattered throughout the levels that you collect to play some sort of battle card game, which doesn't seem important at all until you reach the final boss, which uses the card game battle exclusively.

Call it "The Mega Man 20XX".

And then sequalize it yearly until it loses all comedic value(which is immediately upon the announcement of a sequel).

I would wholeheartly enjoy that

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Gammatron 64 posted:

Mega Man & Bass would be the worst classic game hands down if Mega Man II for Game Boy didn't exist.

Lots of people wrote many words why Megaman & Bass sucks, I agree, it's pretty bad and I would never play it again, but why exactly is Megaman 2 for the GB so bad ? I know the music is grating to listen to and everything, but I just don't see how it's worse than other GB Megaman games, maybe it's my enormous nostalgia as THAT game was my first Megaman and GB game :(

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Hey Megaman thread, cheer up and listen to an amazingly good Megaman3 medley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FItFax-h714

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Alteisen posted:

Anyone reading the Megaman comic? Apparently the next explores incest.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-mega-man-comic-explores-incest-wait-buh--244210.phtml

The gaming journalism rabbit hole just goes deeper and deeper. :cripes:

Anyway ignoring the writer's issues, its really cool to see this light hearted story given how heady everything's been in the comic for a bit, it also continues to impress as one of the amazing things I've ever read and probably the only good thing with Megaman's face on it right now.

Iceman looks like a young Jon Arbuckle

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

ImpAtom posted:

Mega Man confirmed for Smash.

Thought I was fed up with the Skullcastle music, guess I was wrong

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Gortarius posted:

Thank you.

Game is beat. It wants to be a tie-in between classic and X series. This is the most anime quotes ending I've seen in my life, almost vomited.

Zero kills everyone, why is man playing god ? Wily just wanted to stop Light's overbearing use of science and go back to nature !

This is as anime as I can think it could be

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
As much as I hate all that is darkgrim in the X series, I have to remind you that it started in Megaman7 in which Megaman wants to kill Wily in the end and Bass has to save Wily from him.
So all of this has begun much sooner than X4.

Also, Classic ended as Wily built Zero instead of eight other robots, but Zero didn't do the poo poo he was supposed to do, as he was a reploid, then Dr.Light copied the reploid technology for X while Zero just hang around places and everyone told Light to stop making robots , also reploids as Wily did it first this time, so Wily got his final two minutes of fame before they both croaked of being really loving old.

centuries later Cain finds deactivated reploids to shoot at things.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Kurui Reiten posted:

That was added into the American version. The original/Inafune version has Wily going "nope, can't do that Megaman" and Megaman just sits there because he really can't.

So they also added how he even loads the thing up and how Bass has to save him ?

The weird Megaman fan-canon is coming from inside the house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Lurdiak posted:

Were the robo-boobs really necessary? :sigh:

One of her forms has no boobs at all, babysteps