Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kegwen posted:

Zero was fantastic in X4, but I would definitely love to see them revisit the old MMX style. You can justify cutting the anime because, hey, it's a downloadable game. No space for full motion video!

I downloaded Maverick Hunter from PSN last week and guess what? It has about 30 minutes worth of anime in it. (Wii is the only current gen console with too strict size limitations.) It also helps bridge the gap between the original and X series since it has Light having a chat with X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

retcons X5-X8 out of existence

If it helps mend your pain, X6-8 technically aren't canon.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As in, poorly optimised and only appeals to spergy loonies?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's clunky as hell but it's also fun.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty old news by now, the vid you posted is like 16 months old.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He's been making it for over two years and both Inafune and Capcom are pretty cool with all the Megaman fanstuff.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I liked how they used The Megas songs in the video. Hopefully those make it into the final product.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's crazy, what are you getting at?

I mean, how could you not appreciate the brilliance that is "The countless slain scream out in searing pain - Their souls and their ashes are all that remain!" or the see the pure emotion that must have gone into the creation of "I dance around with style and finesse - Better watch out for these blades or you’ll end up headless."?

And if you're hating on this:

"I made you in my image
I built your heart
I gave you eyes
I gave you power
A sense of justice beyond any compare
I gave you hands, a child's face
I gave you hair
ROBOTIC HAIR
But the burning in your heart I did not put there."

You can just get out. :colbert:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot posted:

...they're wasting their talent on retelling the Megaman story.
They're just making poo poo up. Good poo poo, though.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's "too anime". Clearly it must be the creation of an untrained mind.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nice post. Unfortunately for you, many people were waiting for a sequel to Megaman Powered Up and this looks to be it. And it's not like they could've just suddenly decided to make Legends 3 instead of this, Inafune wants to make that drat thing and the people in charge aren't giving him the money to do it.

Edit: Wait, what the hell are you even talking about?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Uh, Megaman Zero is over. It has ended. It continues on no more.

You're crazy.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope that editor will finally help me realize my dream of having 200 Mets in a single room.

Do it, Capcom. Don't let me down.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Way to sound like a crazy angry nerd.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The self-referential humor he mentioned is limited to a credit card number in MM9 and an alternate model for Megaman in this new one. Wow. The whole franchise, ruined permanently... :negative:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
For what it's worth, you had me until you whined about the Wily music. It's been in a grand total of three games, the newest one being the second arcade game, which is like 13 years old.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Most new games would just be cashing in on the name, though. They should either go for something brand new, like Legends was, or do something that has nothing to do with Megaman.

Also Battle Network was terrible.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I sure hope so.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nope, it's really terrible, like a rhythm game without music or a fighting game tutorial.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hurrfdurrf Megaman 8 sucks! *jerks off to games purposely made to look old and lovely*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPtUnEYAhH0&feature=related

Where's your God now?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Making sprites is suprisingly expensive and this new game seems to have models so I'm completely baffled by what Screaming Idiot is going for here.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I take it that you didn't play Megaman Powered Up, then. Playing as the Robot Masters is really loving awesome, even as Gutsman whose power is to suck as hard as possible.

Edit: Judging from the trailers, there's absolutely nothing 8-bit about it, it's just fully tile-based so that the editor works properly.

quakster fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 10, 2010

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He promised a sequel to Powered Up. This is it. Notice how they even scrapped the cutesy style after people complained about it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna go with the Mecha Dragon boss fight. Yes, that is the sole reason why Megaman 2 is the best Megaman game. Deal with it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PhonyMcRingRing posted:

Bah, why can't this come out for Wii or PC?
Too big for WiiWare, too small for disc.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well, the NES games have whole levels without single hit kills. Like Charge Man's for example.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Never going to get a 3DS, but hopefully it'll sell.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Between X3 and X4.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah there's a full circle too.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cat with hands posted:

I've been stuck on the Wily-stages now and I just can't muster enough energy to finish. :saddowns:

I was doing so well and then the game suddenly goes "waddaya mean ya don't know the weaknesses of every prior boss in the series? gently caress you, go play easy mode or something"
Bring some tanks, use Blade Man's weapon at close range.

Drox posted:

When was it announced as korea only? :(
When people realized it was a cheap MMO, that just kinda naturally followed.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Orcasword posted:

Here's hoping it gets cancelled! Or better yet, turned into what it should've been all along: MegaMan Powered Up 2.
I'm confused. Why should they rename it?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have to point out that: A) Almost everyone who I've seen talk about Powered Up online have bitched about the cutesy graphics, B) Universe looks nothing like LBP. It looks just like a less cutesy Powered Up and C) Saying "I want Powered Up 2, this game has too much stuff from MM2" is the dumbest thing I've read all week.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Collections like that make more sense if you treat them like, say, reprints of books.

If it was advertised as something else then yeah I could see where the guys who don't like it are coming from but AFAIK it's exactly what it tells you on the box.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Considering they were developed by Capcom's F-teams it's plausible. I mean if I had the code for GB MM2 I'd just straight up delete it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I'd be okay if Megaman 10 and Legends 3 were the last Megaman games to ever be released. :unsmith:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Not just that, but people wanted a "less kiddy looking", console version of Powered Up, with the editor and all, and MMU was supposed to be exactly that.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What does that even mean.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blackguy32 posted:

Actually, I liked 7 quite a bit more than 2 or 3.
And I liked MM2GB more than 7. 2 and 3 are flawed but people have good reasons for liking them.

The first time I reached the Mecha Dragon bossfight with cool-rear end music blaring in the background ruled so hard.

Edit: 10 is definitely the 4&5 to 9's 2&3.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Rock Board: That's Paradise!! > Megaman Soccer > Megaman Battle & Chase > Rockman & Forte: Challenger From The Future > Super Adventure Rockman > Everything Else. :colbert:

P.S. This is a terrible argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah but Inafune was behind 9 and 10. He stopped being involved with X after X5 and left Capcom a while ago.