Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

HereticSenility posted:

I like how they seem to be doing another parody box art.

It kinda reminds me of the Star Wars A New Hope art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

I'm glad Mega Man 10 was announced so close to its release. Now I don't have to wait so long. Too bad Inafune doesn't seem too keen on making a 16-bit X game just yet tough.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

You know I'd be a silly nerd and watch a series that looked like this if it had even decent voice acting.

The Day of Sigma from Maverick Hunter X was kind of a taste of this. Even tough I don't watch cartoons I must admit I kinda liked it. I blame my childhood.

I don't think it has been linked yet so I'll provide.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm sure most of us have seen this already, but for those who don't pay attention to fan projects: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EC039A1EADC9F1F3

I know i'm a sucker for punishment, cause 95% of the time fan projects never get done, but the MMX fan in me is BEGGING for this to get finalized. The most amazing part of this was when I realized that it isn't a rom hack, but a flash game.

Wow, I can't believe I've missed that. The gameplay looks really fluid and fun. The weapons actually looks useful as well as impressive. Seems like these guys managed to figure out where the X series should have gone.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

X8 is a stupendous waste of potential. The basic system is finally good again, you've got motivation to make more of the game than "8 stages, 4 fortress levels, done" via grinding for metals and finding rare ones and poo poo, and then the level design is just fantastically awful for most of the stages. There's like one of them I'd call good (protect the Ride Armor but it's okay if you don't), and then you have two ride chaser levels which are always poo poo, a vertical autoscroller, that stealth gimmick (okay that one is passable but just because it rewards you for using the perfect controls), minigame central, run-away-from-that-robot-then-chase-it and the asinine dodge-the-crystals-room afterwards, the Flip Room poo poo and uh one more.

I mean, okay, I get it, you're out of level ideas. Now just reshape a few old ones, do, you know, some clever enemy placement instead of boring poo poo and we could be friends again. Or just let Inti do it, they know what they are doing!

I agree with you fully and I think I would've hated X8 if it came after X4. But now that it came after X6 and X7 it's such an improvement that I can almost forgive it for it's shortcomings. At least you got to shred Cutman with the Sigma "Blade"!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey everyone Xover came out in Japan. And a review and 20 minutes of gameplay with it.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/11/29/rockman-xover-first-impressions-yeah-it-sucks/
Hahahahahahaha what the gently caress.

Hey Capcom, you suck even more than I thought was possible. Good job!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

Wow, they really went for "as close to zero as possible" for the budget, huh?

Capcom must have no money anymore or something.

It's like they found someone that made a flashgame on newgrounds once, then gave them a cheese burger and asked them to make a game for them in an afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Voxx posted:

Where's the autoplay button?

It only appears during bosses.